free hit
counters
TRIUMPH TR3S LE MANS / LOTUS ELITE PROJECT - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
migpilot

TRIUMPH TR3S LE MANS / LOTUS ELITE PROJECT

Hello there,

I'm currently halfway through restoring my dads original TR3S. As the original Sabrina engine is unavailable due to rarity, I am fitting a Lotus Elite engine and hope to run the car at Goodwood or similar venues in the future when the resto is complete. Last picture is of a very nice completed replica - our car should look something like this when finished. More photos soon

post-6685-0-74813100-1372077472.jpg

post-6685-0-62650900-1372077564.jpg

post-6685-0-38458800-1372077737.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi welcome to TTL! I love the TR3s. I love that shape and would go for a pre TR4 if I could! I saw a pair of TR4's buzing around Norwich yesterday.

Buddsy

Hahahah you know Im rubbish at smpelling :getmecoat:

Do I need to write TLF out 100 times?

Buddsy

Thanks, wasn't sure there would be much interest as its a Triumph, but at least it's getting a Brit engine with some racing heritage with the Lotus Marque! The original engine was around 155 BHP, I think the Elite engine is around 190 so should be interesting to see how she goes. I agree, TR4's, 5's are a nice shape also. The guy that donated the Lotus engine drives a TR3, his Elite has a 3ltr V8 fitted! Will be in touch soon with more pic's of the 3S.

Cheers, Karl