Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What Evora improvements would you like to see? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What Evora improvements would you like to see?

Justin182

I'm coming round to the idea that the Evora suits me perfectly, it's a great mix of everything. I actually think I might trade up in the next 12 months or so. Is there a model refresh due?

Also, what improvements would everyone like to see? Maybe Lotus can use this thread!

I'd like

Keyless entry

Keyless start

These can't add much weight, but would be a nice addition.

Higher quality key fob

Electric seats maybe? Blasphemy I know

Any other ideas?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I would like 400+hp but I don't think that was the kind of wish list item you were looking for.

More realistically I would like them to move the door speakers (or make them slimmer) to make that part of the door slimmer, making entry and exit easier when you can't open the door fully. It is a long and wide door requiring much more space to open fully than most cars and I am a little surprised it isn't a topic that crops up more often as a grumble.

Electric windows that don't sound like they have been installed by Fisher Price, mine is a Launch Edition so maybe the later windows sound a little more solid.

Better quality fixings or coatings for the bits that can rust, a constant compaint with Lotus.

Tyres that last longer or cost less would also be nice.  :)

Not really a very long list at all.

On another note I was driving the other day and thinking how much fun a central driving position would be creating more room for two adult passengers along the lines of a very famous three seater but I am not sure it would make a sensible feature request for a model upgrade, but a limited edition tuning house version with more power really would be fun.

I think I should stop now since I am getting carried away.

cheers

-Chris

Direct injection version of the Toyota V6?

400+bhp with a gearbox that can handle it.

at least 7600rpm

removable roof panel, but ONLY if it's manually operated and very light, rather than some heavy, electric job.

-ESP update for our cars with a "Race Modus" like Exige V6 ? Would that technical be possible?

-A side indicator that is not heard by the person you are talking on the phone (very funny: when on the phone the person on the other side seems to hear the sound of the side indicator louder than I...)

-glass of the right side mirror (for RHD left side) with a "convex" or "two areas" glass - in the city it is sometimes a little bit too "well ....I hope...)

Caveat : this is a personal list - everybody may not agree  :)

I don't want any more electric or electronic gimmicks, especially if they cost money to develop and add weight.

I DON'T want keyless entry and start. 

I don't need a fancy remote control/key that feels like an expensive watch, or a Swarovski accessory (think Aston Martin)

The current one is fine - compact, light, fits in any pocket. Having lived with several keyless entry/go systems on a daily basis, I prefer a key. Less is more.

Just, please, make the immobilizer deactivate automatically. Having to press the button every time I want to start is positively prehistoric (I don't know if the latest models still have this).

And let the digital speedo reading on the trip computer be switchable from MPH to KPH (or vice-versa). Or make the numbers on the analog speedo bigger. But please don't change the instrument binnacle surround - it is beautiful, distinctive, and does anyone also think it is shaped like a pair of lips  :P ?

Since mine (2010) came out Lotus has pretty much fixed or added everything else I thought was lacking:

- more power - done: the Evora S

- a switchable exhaust - please make it standard, or at least an option on the N/A!

- a warning light for when the lights are on - done

- heated seats - done

- protections for the leather door sills - done

- more interior colour and trim options - done

- a better entertainment/satnav system - done

The only thing that I missed from the launch edition, and which I retro-fitted easily, is the left footrest.

But please Lotus, if you can, make a removable hardtop or soft top (NOT a complicated electric folding roof) !

Something more user-friendly than on the Elise, though :)

Edited by Anthony27

- 420+ HP, with a charge cooler so that the power is also there on sunny days. 390 hp is already here with the KomoTec Stage 1

- The ESP from the Exige V6

- A PDK-equivalent gearbox, simply because Lotus will never find a working soluion for the cables

- An (open) Android based entertainment system

- An immobilizerthat doesn't reactivate after 30 seconds every time.

- A folding key, so that my pockets don't get worn out so fast.

Edited by TBD

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

My wish list (all pretty small, but the car doesn't need much improvement):

- a KMH speedo with markings for real speed limits (current one has markings at 45, 75 and 105 KMH, which is useless when the speed limits are actually 50, 80 and 100 KMH)

- or digital speedo switchable between mph and KMH

- a heater system that produces heat in positions other than just the max setting. In fact, given that the car already has aircon, fans etc, it can't be much effort/cost/weight to turn this into a fully automatic climate control

- heated seats that really do get warm

- better use of the right hand instrument display. Tyres pressures are only interesting when outside the acceptable range. Oil temperature display would be much more useful

- illumination of the steering wheel buttons, which are invisible in the dark

- more time after unlocking the car before the immobilisor kicks in

- stop the exhaust rattle

And last but not least, Cabrio!

Notice that none of these points relate to driving - the car drives wonderfully..... although it is pretty heavy on fuel given the weight / engine size and power.

Rob S

Hi Rob,

still the aforementioned "exhaust rattle"

After 5000 km on Evora it only appears sometimes (and engine cold) - but I think my rattle wasn´t as annoying than the one your mentioned.

Even the exhaust note -  esp in sport mode - is louder now (but in a nice way but driving in the city within small streets with high buildings is sometimes a little bit "over the top" and you have to watch out for BMWs with unusual big antennas on the roof in munich......you better do).

Willi

Too all wishing for the Exige V6 ESP, have you ever pushed the Evora on track with sports mode engaged? That gives you a lot of flexibility, not sure what strategy a race mode could apply to result in a more fun / efficient real life experience.

1) a GTE/Mansory style nose

2) 400+ hp

3) Customisable digital dials/lighting (think we're going to see this filter down to a lot of cars, pretty soon)

-Fill in the hole at the back of the door handle pocket thing so stuff can't disappear inside the door!

Keir - This is now done.

Well most things from my original wish list are on my latest car that I didn't have on the first one, but in addition to the Cabrio, a heater that heats and the newer sharper nose still outstanding, can we have some steering wheel mounted volume controls? What is so hard about that?  Oh and a radio that actually seems to have an ariel attached?  

Justin I'll PM you something else.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Interesting inputs!

As for the door pocket, when was that done Al? Can't say I've ever noticed me losing anything. Better check! Ha!

I'd like a broader range of colours aaswell. Do Lotus still do PTS?

I don't know for sure Justin but I think around MY2012 (?) I now have some material in a ball stuffed there to stop keys and such like vanishing.  The old magnet on end of flexy bendy thing worked in my case but I know MMC have had cars in for wedding ring find & removals etc!

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

As something not already mentioned, I'd like some simple clip-fastened net closures at each end of the boot. Then small stuff could be retained there instead of being flung around the whole width.

Note that those would weigh "nothing".  Adding weight of any amount greater than that of a decent breakfast - porridge excluded - would not be endorsed by me, except as options, for those that want a GT.

No time for a list, but I would like a "Sports Car" model that incorporated a selection of the lighter parts from the Motorsports catalogue at a reduced bulk price.

And of course a dealer fit approved sports intake to complement the sports exhaust. (I offer my "Enhanced Radium" as a prototype - very reasonable fee. Say the first-off Sports Car model with those bits - NA please.)

I'd love to a few more instruments inside (across the range). Oil pressure, oil temp and a boost guage for the Evora S please.

Move the window switches to the center console somehow.

Oh no! I hate this solution in any car I've driven. What a pain!

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Wow, I wasn't expecting that. :)

I drive a battered old Seat Ibiza with window switches in the middle and I have grown very comfortable with them.

Either way I hope you will agree that their current position is rubbish?

It would also be nice if the windows would close with the central locking as they do on the Esprit.

cheers

-Chris

Edited by cweeden

Wow, I wasn't expecting that. :)

I drive a battered old Seat Ibiza with window switches in the middle and I have grown very comfortable with them.

Either way I hope you will agree that their current position is rubbish?

It would also be nice if the windows would close with the central locking as they do on the Esprit.

cheers

-Chris

I'm with Thomas,

Centre consol is illogical as you have to look away from the thing you are trying to open for some reason car car park ticket machine.  Window switches need to be on doors on the door pulls or vicinity, the same place those old fashioned things called window winders were pre electric everything!  :B)