free hit
counters
B72 FOE...Passed the old MOT! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Buddsy

B72 FOE...Passed the old MOT!

Well I know its taken a long time but finally passed the MOT. It did fail on not having any number plate lights. I said "Are you sure? They were..." Then I remembered when I sprayed the rear bumper taking them off and masking the holes but couldn't remember even taking the masking tape off. Sure enough but I was able to take off the tape and screw them back in which took me about 2 minutes. Then there we go MOT! Taxed and insured!

I have done a little vid and the car looks very orange at the end but it was a sunny day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-_HuEsW2rc&list=HL1372194591&feature=mh_lolz

IMG_1601_zps0d9e5e19.jpg

IMG_1603_zps0526fcfb.jpg

IMG_1604_zps09d9f843.jpg

IMG_1607_zpsf20dbeae.jpg

IMG_1610_zpsa9716b3d.jpg

I am not quite done yet as there is a bit of work I'm doing getting to run right. Carbs are being dismantled as its bogging down when you press the loud pedal hard or as soon as the turbo comes in? I am checking the accelerator pump setting as I had fiddled about with it when I stripped the carb and forgot to check the 7cc per 20 pumps.

Buddsy  :ice:

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Enjoyed the video,

Well done on the car - you should come and join the other Esprits on July 7th http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/58285-sunday-7-july-matching-green-car-show/ - would be a nice run out for you.

Chris

Thanks Chaps!

Chris I would like to come along. I was trying to get already for the Skyton Goat classic car show but then found Id missed it by a month! DOH. I am trying to get the carbs back together and get some more miles on the engine up to 12 so far!  :D

Buddsy

Great news, well done.  :thumbsup:

I know the feeling about getting miles on the engine. When I got my Esprit back on the road just before Christmas, I put on 2500 miles in under 3 months. Found a nice 60+ round trip and did it at every opportunity, plus some 250 miles to and from north Norfolk.

Chris

Chris I remember reading about your "loops" Have many miles you up to now?

Buddsy

Cheers Bibs thought Id do something fun! Splendid!

Buddsy

You know Chitty Chitty Bang Bang lives in Long Stratton too?

My Girls would go mental if they could see that!

Buddsy

A truly inspiring piece of work...jolly well done!! The hours and hours of effort that flash past in the video....wish it could be done that fast, eh?(!) One of the best video records I have ever seen.....allow yourself a small libation in celebration!!

Cheers Moley! Does make 5 years look quick & easy! You just take it all apart clean it and bung it back together again!

Buddsy

When it came out of the garage I had to remember to breathe for a second! Not many cars provoke that kind of reaction, well done

Just hit the 50000 mile mark, so around 3500 in 7 months - thought it was more, but I seemed to have slowed down a bit since I finished the initial running in - too many other things happening at the weekends since then.

PM Sent.

Yay well done Buddsy!

I often have a look at your restoraton thread as it is pretty much a template on how to do a top restoration of a S3T

I can't wait to see it at a show or something in the future. Just need to get mine sorted now!

Well done, a super video of a lovely car. It has once again inspired me to look at the wreck in my back garden.

I hope you get much pleaseure from driving it.

:)

Great video Buddsy. Loved it. Enjoy yourself in it now. :)

All I can say is thank you, and congratulations on a first class job.  :animier: another one rescued.

• Like 1

"Another one rescued".... a very telling comment. All the recommendations one reads say to buy the best one available...don't touch those needing a lot of work. However,  it's the enthusiast who embarks on the sort of task that you can see in the video who is responsible for the survival of more than just a few of any type. It becomes a way of life!!