free hit
counters
Door lock's lazy ! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi,

The drivers door lock solenoid on my S4s is getting a bit lazy & seems to labour when opening or locking. Is there any common problems to check before I remove the door panel &/or check the central locking module ? I'm sure I read about poor earths somewhere but can't for the life of me find it ( or maybe I dreamt it ? ) 

Thanks in advance, Phil.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi, well I checked the connections to the CDL module & sprayed them with contact spray, this made no difference so I took off the door panel last weekend & removed & cleaned the connections to the solenoid, I also sprayed them with contact spray & checked all the earth points in the door, this seemed to make a bit of difference but the drivers side was still slower to lock/unlock than the passenger side. I then sprayed the solenoid with WD40, this made a big difference so I left it at that & put it back together.

Since then the lock has gone slow on unlocking again although locking is still ok, I suspect the solenoid so If anyone can point me in the direction of what this came off I would be grateful.

Regards, Phil.