free hit
counters
car goes click click click but that's it! - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

car goes click click click but that's it!

ok folks i've recently bought an 08 exige s having previously had an S2 elise.

i now the click click click is a flat battery or basically lack of power to turn the car over but here's the thing

first time it happened i thought lol that never happened with the cayman, welcome back to LOTUS and i jump started the car and off i went quite happy.

started fine the next day

third day click click feckin click again. checked the battery and it's still sitting at 12V. lights come on etc but when i try to start i can hear the fuel pump prime but when i turn the key all i get is the clicking noise

car is still under 1 years warranty and murray lotus in edinburgh but i don't want to call them for something petty and can't start it to take it to them anyway!

thoughts?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

punky - which strap??

chris

ah balls youve got a different car!!

lol

i've bought a new battery now and all is currently well. if however the car ends up not starting in a months time guess the problem would actually have been the alternator!

chris