free hit
counters
Roadster vs Coupe - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

Roadster vs Coupe

Driver of top less Exige 20 mins to remove 25 to refit no special tools required wings do rule Sun is out again today so roof off just stay under 140 mph not that is the hard bit..

7155 miles now must give her a rest

Andrew dog with 2 !!!!!!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wings rule. Indeed!!  

20 minutes to remove seems very reasonable ..... wonder if the special tool is the same as used before on 2-eleven ? its that odd shaped screw head thingy? ........ i would then see it as remove roof .... garage as normal ....... fit back roof for visiting track and when visiting 140mph+ .... a little like wearing shorts everyday but putting on long pants for a restaurant or visiting somewhere formal ...... if the weather is good why be indoors. 

The wing makes all the difference ..... the wing is all the difference!

Hey bud, welcome to the forum. Please take a few mins to go to the introduction section and introduce yourself.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. For me the Exige is a performance vehicle and therefore should look the part which includes a hard top, splitter, wing etc.

Now a Soft top Evora, being a GT car would be AWESOME!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Never thought about this option, certainly makes the Exige a potential to replace the Evora at some point in time. But now the challenge:

I've got about 900 Km through Germany before I would get near weather where a Roadster really makes FUN (such as France) . But, on those 900 Km I'll be (far) above 145 mph regularly. So, what is the right choice?

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I'd buy a soft top Evora tomorrow. My wife actually asked at Goodwood last year if we could put a deposit on one. We were upstairs on the stand at the time and were told there were no plans to make one.

We all know that a soft top Evora is on the way but I fear they are wasting time and precious resources on an unnecessary electric folding version based around the idea that the Evora is a premium, luxury sports car not raw road-racer. But an electric roof is likely to have a detrimental effect on price, weight and styling. Though I would be happy to be proved wrong on all three counts!

Pebble Beach / Spyker: it is clearly stated that Lotus is involved in the design of this car. Will the Evora use the same platform?

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/proof-that-spyker-s-new-venator-spyder-looks-good-video-65285.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AG1KkPAYrUk

(ex) Elise S1 (VIN 357) LHD

When I remember right (sorry if not) - we had this topic relating to spyker before and they use (more or less) the platform of the existing Evora

We all know that a soft top Evora is on the way but I fear they are wasting time and precious resources on an unnecessary electric folding version based around the idea that the Evora is a premium, luxury sports car not raw road-racer. But an electric roof is likely to have a detrimental effect on price, weight and styling. Though I would be happy to be proved wrong on all three counts!

I agree on your view that a soft top might be the better choice relating to "a Lotus" esp when you keep in mind that today´s softtop are much better than 10 years ago or so. But the styling of a hard-top could also be good - I think you only got a problem if you want to cover 4 "real" seats with a metal folding top, in my eyes peugeot 30..(whatever) renault...etc are a little bit ugly when the roof is closed (but all depends on personal taste) or are v e r y complicated , esp VW Eos.

Edited by Snoopy1969

Never thought about this option, certainly makes the Exige a potential to replace the Evora at some point in time. But now the challenge:

I've got about 900 Km through Germany before I would get near weather where a Roadster really makes FUN (such as France) . But, on those 900 Km I'll be (far) above 145 mph regularly. So, what is the right choice?

Hi Thomas - well I think you are driving too long distances that an Exige could be a replacement for the Evora

When I remember right (sorry if not) - we had this topic relating to spyker before and they use (more or less) the platform of the existing Evora

I agree on your view that a soft top might be the better choice relating to "a Lotus" esp when you keep in mind that today´s softtop are much better than 10 years ago or so. But the styling of a hard-top could also be good - I think you only got a problem if you want to cover 4 "real" seats with a metal folding top, in my eyes peugeot 30..(whatever) renault...etc are a little bit ugly when the roof is closed (but all depends on personal taste) or are v e r y complicated , esp VW Eos.

Yes Evora convertible makes more sense to me as a two seater, however the roof gets stowed. In fact I can't see where on earth the roof would go if not where the +2 seats are. In other words even more like the Spyker.

I had a chat with a lotus director when the Evora was unveiled in Paris (or London?) years ago, and clearly (at that time), the convertible Evora was a 2 seats car.

Edited by FredP

(ex) Elise S1 (VIN 357) LHD

Isn´t there a youtube vid - test drive Evora - with an Interview of Roger Becker in which he says that they are developing an Evora Softtop and it will (of course...) use the space of the +2 seats?

I remember that video too. It's obviously been on the cards and understandably shelved in favour of other projects / financial woes.

I wonder if they'll bother releasing it now, it might make sense to hold it for the next incarnation or at least for a facelift model.

I think it would need to be an electric roof though. They won't attract any new customers from other brands with an Elise style rollup roof!

Electric roof would be a must on the Evora. Not that I'm lazy, the folding manual roof on my MG TF takes one second to open, and 3 to close, from the driver's seat, and I wouldn't even want it to be electric. But you just expect it to be electric in a car of the Evora's class.

Back on topic if I did swap my Evora for an Exige S I would buy the roadster and a hardtop. And probably have that speed limiter removed.

But they are two very different cars. As far as the cabin is concerned, one is an Elise and the other is, well, ... an Evora - a comfortable GT with Lotus handling.

Edited by Anthony27

I do like the idea of the Roadster but I can't help but think it's just a V6 Elise...  and for £60k. 

Tough call, I can't see myself needing the extra mph's, but then I didn't take the hard top off my Elise for the last 12 months of ownership. I'd quite like to see the Roadster in the plastic, be interesting to see it next to an Elise for comparison purposes. 

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)