free hit
counters
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

Following on from the epic pics & videos thread in general chat, this one is just for cars and Lotus stuff :)

Starter for 10...

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've already posted this in the Regional Groups section but thought I'd link to it here to spread the joy  :D

LEGS attended the Alford Speedfest at the Grampian Transport Museum, near Aberdeen, on Sunday 30th June. I commissioned my mates son, who is doing film and media studies at the University there, to record the days events and mix up a cool video. All his own work - I merely provided transport and logistics (and over an hours passenger rides on a very hot day....)

Special mention to Brian King for thrashing the Ferrari 360 Stradale in his Exige V6 S.

Enjoy. And turn your sound up, this is most definitely the 'yoof' mix....

Here's one I enjoyed. Kit cars I know but the Eleven was so few parts to start with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U6_9-SZY3M&list=FLPtcMeaFJM-MY4LGSihihGg&index=2

Ok I couldn't help myself had to post this one too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWUo-IP1cec&list=FLPtcMeaFJM-MY4LGSihihGg&index=6

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

3,000,000 miles :huh:

http://youtu.be/wog7O-AWXOo

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

I think that vid says more about today's throw away culture. Mechanics that cant mend only replace & parts that cannot be serviced only replaced! I mean who's dad still has the same old black & decker drill from your childhood. Ive got through about 4 of their flashy looking newer ones....rant over

Buddsy

Here's a picture of some oldies from my tour of the Classic Team Lotus shop a couple weeks ago. Lotus 25 on the left.

p1fr.jpg

Edited by Bloodnok
  • Like 1

'86 Lotus Esprit Turbo

It is on here somewhere. Just not sure where.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Not sure if this has been posted before.

I'll copy my friend's video, since he's not on this forum.  I figure some of you guys might enjoy this.

Last month I finally got to check a few big bucket list items off - primarily getting to drive at Road Atlanta. I'm originally from the area but had never even been to the track (moved in '99). My mom lives 10 miles from the track so as I was in between jobs I decided it was time to make the trek and get my car on RA. Lady luck fell on me and I was able to line up 4 tracks for my 2 week trip. 

We (myself and my pup Daisy) headed from Denver to Tulsa first for 3 days at Hallett (which we ran both directions). Really fun track and really great people. From there we headed to north Georgia for a private day at Atlanta Motorsport Park. Wow, what a track/facility - especially in our cars (very tight/technical track). It was a private/member day so I literally had the track to myself. From there I headed to Road Atlanta for 2 days with Chin Motorsports (really great and really fast group). As I was packing up at RA a couple I'd met said "hey, you should join us at VIR this week" - and join them I did. From Atlanta I headed to VIR for 2 more days with Chin.

All this was within a 15 day period so LOTS of driving, both on and off track. The totals for the trip were roughly 3,800 miles towing/street and 1,350 miles on the track (just under 24 hours on track in that time). Everything went really well until the second to the last session at VIR when I popped the motor. Even with that I was completely thrilled with my little car and had the trip of a lifetime.

One major highlight of the trip was meeting a few fellow LT members, Matt (sorry Matt, forget your screen name) and XLIR8N! - Bob. What a great guy Bob was and holy crap was he fast (taking turn 12 at Road Atlanta flat out with him was a death bed memory). Stunning car, great guy - really added a lot to my trip.

And finally I put together a cheesy little video of the trip. The only thing I missed was AMP, I forgot to put the memory card in my Chasecam so I didn't get any video of the laps there (which is a shame as it was a fantastic track). So if you're extremely bored and have 10 minutes here ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5Zz8YesJZKw

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

19 feet long Chrysler Imperial vs Mini.

post-1-0-93279000-1374243546.jpg

Evora NA

Its a couple of years since I did this one but thought I'd re-post for purely selfish reasons because I like the interior shot....

http://youtu.be/4-vXwC_swJ4

And this one to prove it doesn't always rain in Scotland.

http://youtu.be/D38A6MVt14Q

Another bit of TG Lotus content also without the comedy sketches. Not my upload and the sound isn't great but I have the original airing recorded on VHS, with the tab removed so no one can tape over it...just in case anyone still has a video recorder :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH122fzeUec

Make's me really want an Elite as well as the Esprit.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

£65K for an Elite though! Worth every penny such a beautiful design...which is odd as it was designed by the accountant...I think!

Buddsy

Nice Mark!

I just found this one I hadn't seen before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agYKj_vC-18

DSC_0058s.jpg

• Like 1

Evora NA

575147_10151595823316799_906989857_n.jpg

Evora NA

Happy christmas!

Wow great news for all at Lotus, Norfolk and the UK!

Buddsy

46372_688802401134338_986933419_n.jpg

Evora NA

:wub:

post-1-0-57482200-1375268225.jpg

Evora NA