free hit
counters
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 104 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The old man came round and demanded a picture while I was cleaning the car. He was chatting about it all and how he signed off every stage personally and how he cocked up because he doesn't have a sin

How does the Esprit hold up?  

Posted Images

Errm couple points, as per @mg4lotus I think he has confused Rover K series with Honda K series engines. Yes people have put Honda K engines in an Elise but he was talking about Lotus going back to their roots which would be Rover K engines?  Which are a bit old now and would not pass emissions tests.

Secondly I thought the Elise was not sold in the US as it doesn't meet their standards? So thats a no goer.

If he wants it in an Evora, then as far as I know the Honda K engine was only made in I4 configuration and in smaller displacements than the Toyota V6 so unlikely to get similar power even if you could squeeze the longer engine into the bay.  I think the newer version are Turbo charged so you could possibly get similar power but then I don't see that power delivery being as good as the V6.

And finally whats wrong with the Toyota engines?  I think they are great, the one in my Evora is awesome lots of praise for the V6 and the ones in the Elise 220 I tried at the Lotus driving academy were really good too.   Nice linear power delivery, great sound for a 1.8 inline 4, supercharger gives decent torque low down and made me wonder why I spent extra on the Evora! 

• Like 2
On 27/01/2021 at 08:37, mg4lotus said:

Some people have put the Honda engine into the Elise, right?

He's confused the Rover K series with the Honda K series.

Well I do agree, ,but as a huge Lotus Fan, I'm grateful there are others paying attention, and trying to understand the brand

I agree on all fronts, I think I'll mention to him this forum, maybe he'll appreciate it as much as I do.  I don't personally know him, I know the Alfa Romeo guys went hard on him for saying "Alfa Romero", but it's like his third video or something so he's just figuring it out and enjoying himself.  But I bet if he drove a lotus he'd love it. 

• Like 1

Everyone has a hobby!

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

ohhff I bet those boys go through a lot of t-cut!

Looks like it could be fun although I'd want a full cage, harness and helmet.   Some of those people looked like they didn't wear any seat belt and only had a simple roll hoop to protect them.  Possibly the scenarios in my head of the jeep tumbling from the top on its way to the bottom going head over tail may not actually happen in reality?

• Gold FFM

Those guys are well known in the 4x4 scene. Some great driving and always impressive videos!

Makes me want to get out there as well, though I prefer swampy stages to rock climbing. I already rolled an offroader once, no desire to repeat it, in swamp the only way is down. 😁

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I thought you were just posting a picture to show how snowy it was - then I read the link :)

• Gold FFM

I thought it was the Lotus SUV in winter camo, until I read the link. 🙂

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Gold Leaf with added lightness! Just needs a dash of red....and a decent base vehicle. 

Justin 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/02/2021 at 21:12, mayevora said:

AF476701-3BB3-47A7-892B-5F69D0F4645A.jpeg

I need to do that for a whole car or 2.