Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 100 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

Thats going to take some getting used to.  How many times do you grab a  hand full of air.    Guess the airbag wont perform as required either.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
12 hours ago, snowrx said:

Perhaps he was a taller person obsessed with viewing the legal range of the speedometer?

You tend to use the Digital Speedo in a MINI, much easier to see/clearer. VOE

4 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

He messaged me about the mot shortly after it had been fitted. I mentioned that a shite wheel like that is probably fine on a low powered fwd ladies car 🤭

Hmm, low powered. I've said it quite often to people comparing my car and the missus' and I can assure you that the torque steer generated by the 231BHP being put through the front wheels of these is far more likely to put you in a bush than 400 through the rear wheels of an Evora :ermm:.

They can easily and cheaply be mapped to well over 300 bhp -  but the thought scrares the living bejesus out of me!!

• Haha 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

It should scare the bejesus out of you. I had a fwd 300hp Focus RS a few years ago and full throttle in second or third was a wrestling match between me and the car. It wouldn’t bear thinking about with only half a steering wheel 😬

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Geoffers said:

Photoshopped, CR15 REA is actually the registration of a Mercedes.

That's probably why they pulled him over in his Audi

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 3 weeks later...

Errm couple points, as per @mg4lotus I think he has confused Rover K series with Honda K series engines. Yes people have put Honda K engines in an Elise but he was talking about Lotus going back to their roots which would be Rover K engines?  Which are a bit old now and would not pass emissions tests.

Secondly I thought the Elise was not sold in the US as it doesn't meet their standards? So thats a no goer.

If he wants it in an Evora, then as far as I know the Honda K engine was only made in I4 configuration and in smaller displacements than the Toyota V6 so unlikely to get similar power even if you could squeeze the longer engine into the bay.  I think the newer version are Turbo charged so you could possibly get similar power but then I don't see that power delivery being as good as the V6.

And finally whats wrong with the Toyota engines?  I think they are great, the one in my Evora is awesome lots of praise for the V6 and the ones in the Elise 220 I tried at the Lotus driving academy were really good too.   Nice linear power delivery, great sound for a 1.8 inline 4, supercharger gives decent torque low down and made me wonder why I spent extra on the Evora! 

• Like 2

On 27/01/2021 at 08:37, mg4lotus said:

Some people have put the Honda engine into the Elise, right?

He's confused the Rover K series with the Honda K series.

Well I do agree, ,but as a huge Lotus Fan, I'm grateful there are others paying attention, and trying to understand the brand

I agree on all fronts, I think I'll mention to him this forum, maybe he'll appreciate it as much as I do.  I don't personally know him, I know the Alfa Romeo guys went hard on him for saying "Alfa Romero", but it's like his third video or something so he's just figuring it out and enjoying himself.  But I bet if he drove a lotus he'd love it. 

• Like 1

ohhff I bet those boys go through a lot of t-cut!

Looks like it could be fun although I'd want a full cage, harness and helmet.   Some of those people looked like they didn't wear any seat belt and only had a simple roll hoop to protect them.  Possibly the scenarios in my head of the jeep tumbling from the top on its way to the bottom going head over tail may not actually happen in reality?