free hit
counters
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 102 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

Kimbers, that video is superb, thanks for sharing.  The Elite was on another level to the previous Lotus cars, it looked so sophisticated, a car for the jet set.  Olly did a superb job with the design, it was up there with the Ferrari 400, Bitter SC and Lamborghini Jarama. 

I remember seeing an Elite for the first time in 1979 and my jaw was on the floor.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The old man came round and demanded a picture while I was cleaning the car. He was chatting about it all and how he signed off every stage personally and how he cocked up because he doesn't have a sin

Posted Images

Was watching a video of the 1991 motorshow, and this was shown, M200 Speedster - not seen this before. Is it still around?

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

Bonhams 2012 auction at Goodwood it was unsold. It went to a collector in Holland, according to Peter Stevens writing his blogs on M100.

The car was hastily completed for the 1991 Motor Show, having been ignored as a design study previously by Julian Thomson, who replaced Peter as head of Lotus Design. The interior fabrics look like they were inspired by an 80's bikini. Paul Matty Sports Cars made it a road-legal car by commissioning Ken and Neil Myers to get it running (not sure when this was but prior to the Bonhams sale 2012).

Justin

• Like 2
On 25/11/2020 at 08:09, ChrisJ said:

Was watching a video of the 1991 motorshow, and this was shown, M200 Speedster - not seen this before. Is it still around?

This was at one the motorshows i think it was 1995.

img082.jpg

Ref:.......Lotus Elite & Eclat (Project M50)

Wow.......

Fantastic car........wonderful history.......and a great video!

Thank you very much for sharing........

Best regards, Ruud

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

That‘s my old 2-11 which I owned from 2012 - 2014. I often wonder what happened to it and it’s great to see it still looking good and obviously being enjoyed. I’ve owned many different Lotus cars over the years, but nothing has matched the sheer exhilaration of the 2-11.

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I used to watch Travis Pastrana when he used to race SuperX back in the day on terrrestrial telly. He was awesome then.

Others might know of him from the Nitro Circus TV series. He was the first person to do a double back flip on a motocross bike.