free hit
counters
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 79 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

Am in Hornsey this morning, so

spacer.png

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Such a travesty Jewsons won't let that building be converted into something more historic, bearing in mind it's significance.

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

• Confused 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Such a travesty Jewsons won't let that building be converted into something more historic, bearing in mind it's significance.

Didn't they want to knock it down a couple of years ago?

For those that haven't seen it before, here's what it looked like originally

The_Works1.JPG

• Like 1

They did. I'm sure TLF and perhaps some other clubs sent enough letters of objection that the plan was halted iirc. 

• Like 1

Evora NA

Another one from Harry. I'm enjoying his channel, you should subscribe too if you like good old fashioned nerdy approach to car stuff. This time he's in a 1977 Countach LP400 for a very brief video. This car is from the same era as the S1 Esprit and is also fondly regarded for its purity of design devoid of arches and bulges, small tyres and free-revving engine making the most of its lack of bloat. Sounds familiar.. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Didn't they want to knock it down a couple of years ago?

For those that haven't seen it before, here's what it looked like originally

The_Works1.JPG

Its a very small building...There was plaque placed a few years back to mark the spot

Plaque

Haringey council placed the building under their list of "interesting buildings" along with the pub next door which was run by Colin Chapman's dad. There was talk a few years back of someone hoping, with the help of the local council to use the site as some sort of engineering teaching place, which I thought would have made a fitting tribute to Colin.

• Like 1

IMG_20190302_144854.thumb.jpg.7645d1b213041790b6c5d04d2dae333f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

a car parked in a grassy field: The car, pictured, is owned by  Michael Hudson, owner of cryptocurrency market advisory firm Bitstocks

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Hornsey Boy said:

Haringey council placed the building under their list of "interesting buildings" along with the pub next door which was run by Colin Chapman's dad.

I noticed it on google recently and leaving locally but still haven’t visited it. Need to get it done soon with one of the loti.

46 minutes ago, pete said:

Is it resident parking only? Would not want to get a fine.

Edited by PAR

IMG_20190306_120637.thumb.jpg.b73ca8711cce3c0685d41792505fe7b6.jpg

• Haha 1

There;s a new movie coming along in June this year. 

• Like 2

Looks like a great film :thumbup:

A

Glad to hear that MJK was consulted Chris!

Be interested to know if your pal calls it a film or a doco?

Both probably :lol: the opening I saw was Alec Baldwin in make up discussing his inspiration to play DeLorean. As can be seen in the trailer the film is real footage of DeLorean spliced with scenes played by Alec Baldwin.

John DeLorean’s son and daughter are both in the film, I have met his daughter Kathryn several times but his son has mostly kept out of the limight before but I know Tamir knows him and had input from him. I also know an old friend of MJK, Barrie Wills, was interviewed and appears in the trailer, I believe Barrie went on to the Sinclair C5 project which @Kimbers knows plenty about I seem to remember him saying ;) 

Anyway the world premiere is in April at the Tribeca film festival and from what Tamir has said it will be released in “select theatres in major markets” in the US and also on steaming services like Amazon and or iTunes. The current plan is for the international release via Universal on June 7.

• Like 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

I could write a book on the Sinclair C5! 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

I could write a book on the Sinclair C5! 

I can remember nearly running over one of those when they first came out. I was being overtaken on the inside on a roundabout (I was actually stationary and the C5 was weaving through the traffic). The only reason I noticed was a piece of wire with a little red flag on went past at eye height that , when I looked down, I noticed was attached to the back of the C5.

I watched it with fascination as it weaved between me and a whacking great lorry - the driver was definitely likely to become a candidate for the Darwin awards.

I would be interested in the thought processes for the design of the C5 - was it an exercise in reducing the population of hipsters or just badly thought out?

• Haha 1

• Like 2

Love the Citroen traction

Always loved the XJS   :wub:  But the rust always stopped me from getting one :cry:

A

Will the DS fit down your pants @Sparky? I'd give it a good home