free hit
counters
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 85 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've gotta try this one! Anyone know if there is an actual connection with Hethel?

image.thumb.png.8920a322c8f346cd10218680bfddee96.pngI've

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Awesome! I don't think so Filip, it is from a microbrewery in Canada?

Farnham Ale & Lager

Farnham, QC Canada

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Gotta love the sticker on the side:

”MIDSHIP DOHC TURBO EXCITING MICRO COUPE”. 

🤣

• Haha 1

I really like that!  Can you tell us a bit more about it?  Is built under the K rules? so ~600cc engine?  Whats its like to drive? 

14 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

Awesome! I don't think so Filip, it is from a microbrewery in Canada?

Farnham Ale & Lager

Farnham, QC Canada

With the name and the silhouette, you'd expect them to have at least asked for permission?

I knew it was from Canada, so probably hard/impossible to find over here. Still gonna try and order some. Maybe we can set up a group buy, with the help of some Canadian members?

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

59 minutes ago, Escape said:

With the name and the silhouette, you'd expect them to have at least asked for permission?

I knew it was from Canada, so probably hard/impossible to find over here. Still gonna try and order some. Maybe we can set up a group buy, with the help of some Canadian members?

Filip

I'll see if I can find out anything about it but, frankly, I'm not optimistic. Stupid government policies, but there are significant barriers within Canada to the movement of alcoholic beverages from one province to another. And I'm out on the west coast so a brewery in Quebec is physically closer to you than it is to me. Still, I shall check it out and report back in due course.

• Thanks 1

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Top man Mike! 🍻

@Andyww thanks for the info, what a lovely little car!  Was it hard or expensive importing the car over here?  I really like some of the Kei Cars and think they'd make a great little run around car.  Don't want to derail the thread, but if you have the time could start a new thread telling us about the process?  I think it'll be a good read.

Thanks for the effort Mike! I'll ask around specialty stores over here, but not very optimistic...  A colleague of mine has just returned from a trip to Quebec, if only I had known...

Filip

15 hours ago, calvan said:

I like the idea of taking a cross-country road trip, and going for a six pack of beer is an excellent excuse to go, but it is just not in the cards right now. 

ermm surely an 8 pack of beer is correct in this situation? 😄

5 hours ago, electro_boy said:

ermm surely an 8 pack of beer is correct in this situation? 😄

Perhaps, but if it is a good IPA six would suffice.

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Thanks for your efforts @calvan. Perhaps it will @Escape (see what I did there?) from Quebec at some point. The best we can do over here at the moment is Ilkley Lotus IPA I think.

No V8 on the can though...

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

JPS liveried Senna Mac 

EBEB7600-4B3A-498B-B97F-15D4A977B38C.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/08/2019 at 23:25, Tex said:

JPS liveried Senna Mac 

EBEB7600-4B3A-498B-B97F-15D4A977B38C.png

If it just wasn't so historically wrong! Almost like putting Lamborghini badges on a Ferrari.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Still looks very nice though,   Just shows how fantastic and iconic the black and gold livery is though,   does not rub me up the wrong way at all,  in fact makes me very proud that someone sticks this on such an expensive and truly unique bit of engineering history in itself   :)

I love the JPS colour scheme,  and it goes on almost any vehicle and looks good,  even motorcycles !   i love the gulf colour scheme also,  sadly it only suits a few motors such as gt40s and the old lemans porkers etc.

A

10 hours ago, TBD said:

If it just wasn't so historically wrong! Almost like putting Lamborghini badges on a Ferrari.

Why does that matter if it looks good,take it as a compliment

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

11 hours ago, TBD said:

I think it works as Senna drove the Lotus JPS 97 and 98 T   and also went onto drive for McLaren , just a combination of the 2 👍🏽

• Like 1