free hit
counters
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 87 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

Good Grief I assume these are new unsold cars as a result of Brexit? there were scenes like this after the GFC

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Nothing to do with Brexit, it's an auction house location and there are always that number of cars there. It's the UK's biggest in fact, Manheim and where dealerships buy the majority of their used cars from. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Yes I was there in June 2017. My son had a local Scout camp there and slept in a tent underneath the wing of a Lightning. They performed a fast taxi run in a Lightning just for the Scouts.

There were more cars on the grass back then. Predominantly Citroen, Peugeot and Mercedes from memory. All a couple of years old, so presumably ex Finance agreement vehicles. Some had clearly been there a long time: the grass had reached up to the roofs on some. One C Class Merc had even been left with its bonnet fully open.

Those ex RAF tanker Tristars in the background were supposed to be sold off and put back into the sky, but the deals keep falling through, so they won't be going anywhere.

Here's a Sea Vixen, Victor and Super Guppy, which you could climb inside.

cA86AmP.jpg

9qvF0Fj.jpg

CT0TBk8.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

it's an auction house location

BCA?

Manheim but out the several hundred car transporters that were coming and going all the time, most of them were BCA!

https://www.manheim.co.uk/our-centres/bruntingthorpe 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Evora NA

Great video! I really dig the part where he states these cars are meant to be driven. Too many garage queens just waiting for prices to rise...

BTW, spotted 3 Esprits. And very jealous of his workshop/collection!

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Awesome video! My hankering after an unobtainable (financially) Countach was the reason I reverted to a previous desire for an Esprit V8. Of course, if I could have both...

Oh and the road surface quality out where he is makes me Mr Jealous from Jealousville.

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

19 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I wonder if he’s noticed that his windscreen wiper has fallen off?

I wonder how long it has been since he last needed one? Driven often but probably avoids the rain whenever possible. 😎

my favourite film intro ever

Only here once

• Like 2

Evora NA

On 31/10/2019 at 20:45, mayevora said:

E399AAAF-3E3C-4D5A-BAF0-CEF02BFFF24E.jpeg

Almost worth the cost of losing a wheel just to see the reaction of the clampers. :D

• Haha 1

4C08C225-2896-45F0-BA59-B998A3EA3BA3.jpeg

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I've used a doorbell solution a couple of times to get through MoTs!  Not for many years though, and never on the steering wheel.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

On 30/10/2019 at 22:37, ChrisJ said:

Spot the Esprit.

Looks like 4 Esprits to me :

yellow TE on left, Black S2? Middle, white S2 right, and the 300 top left. 

Man got taste! 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong