free hit
counters
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 93 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The old man came round and demanded a picture while I was cleaning the car. He was chatting about it all and how he signed off every stage personally and how he cocked up because he doesn't have a sin

At last!! - A parking space for fat blokes that like to BBQ.

Posted Images

1_Dingle_Tunnel_03040_Blur.jpg.0a12840b17c7c8bfccd12095a433ddde.jpgan elite in the collapsed Dingle tunnel

• Sad 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Just came across this article covering the opening of Murray Motor Company’s new site in 1987. Nice to see a Turbo Esprit parked almost where my Exige was parked when I picked it up new in 2018, almost 30 years later.

CA1E35CC-2DA0-447A-AABA-0E03589FEA1C.jpeg

284D16F4-7670-4B7E-9011-155CEC03B030.jpeg

BD483FF1-8A4D-4353-9898-0919DFDACB26.jpeg

2262CDF5-2D02-47BA-8CFF-75CDC27D29CB.jpeg

• Like 1

243BDAD1-4D10-49BF-B881-673C2C5C9B3A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

^^^ Reminds me of our road rally days. 😂

But, only after an off-course 'shunt'. 🥴

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

Hourly rate just went up again.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

My god that GT40 is beautiful.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
Posted (edited)

Yep and apparently a real one ❤️

Edited by Bravo73

Never! Straight as a die, that bloke. Even gets the wife to check his eyesight so he doesn’t have to drive 250 miles.

Edited by Bravo73
  • Like 1

Margate Exotics.

14 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Yes, a real replica! But a lovely looking one, nonetheless.

Ahem, continuation I’ll have you know.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Maybe 25 years ago, I built a tuned Ford 302 for my friend ‘s GTD40, same Gulf colours. Nice car, but damn it was hot in the cockpit!

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

On 31/05/2020 at 07:20, Chillidoggy said:

Yes, a real replica! But a lovely looking one, nonetheless.

Why are neewly built Ford GTs always called replica, but newly built Lotus Seven still called Caterham??🙂

• Haha 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

52 minutes ago, TBD said:

Why are neewly built Ford GTs always called replica, but newly built Lotus Seven still called Caterham??🙂

Caterham is in effect a "continuation car" because they own the rights to the original design.

To produce a " continuation" original GT40 it would need to built under license and as per original design exact,  The original GT40 chassis is actually a very complex structure https://gelscoemotorsport.com/?page_id=419 

Another example is the continuation ASTON DB5 for example. https://magazine.astonmartin.com/heritage/making-icon-goldfinger-db5-continuation

Also, as a manufacturer, Caterham can’t sell their cars as a ‘Lotus’, the V5 has to state the manufacturer’s name as the make. I imagine Trev’s GT40 isn’t shown as being manufactured by Ford.

When the kit car industry really kicked off many years ago, there were a lot of let’s say ‘dubious’ registrations taking the identity of the donor cars, and DVLA announced an amnesty to enable owners to register their cars correctly without any penalty, ie the name of the kit, rather than the donor.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• 2 weeks later...