free hit
counters
v8 tyre choices - Page 3 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

On 26/03/2016 at 15:45, swindon_alan said:

Was that Asymmetric 2s all round Adrian, or just the rears?

Just the rears Alan, fronts are asymetrics.   I see they are now advertising on TV Asymmetric 3, not sure in what sizes though

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You should be wearing them out lad - you ain't having fun or driving it right if you don't. i never ever want my tyres to last 30k.  And before you say - I reckon my tyres will last ages whi

In fairness, that is 12 years ago which is quite a long time! I was in my twenties when they stopped building them and am in my forties now! 

I ended up speaking to Warren at Save on Tyres in Swindon. Goodyear Asymmetric 2 are not available for the front, but Asymmetric (?1) are. Goodyear Asymmetric anythings were not available anywhere els

Posted Images

After lots of searching and the preference to have a matching set I went for Toyo's T1Sports as I managed to get the fronts in France. I spoke to Toyo UK and they said that they would not be making the fronts anymore, the last batch run was in 2014? So for those like me who's tyres age before they are worn out be mindful of age of them when purchasing.

In terms of the ride, I had 8year old half worn Goodyear Eagles asymmetric 2s and in comparison, strangely the new Toyo's are much harder. That said I have not had the chance to get them really warmed up as yet.;)