free hit
counters
Oil pressure switch remove/replace ? - Sport 350 Technical - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MartinL

Oil pressure switch remove/replace ?

I have a leaking oil pressure switch , How on earth do I get at it ??

It looks like I need to first remove the oil filter mounting but 1 of the 4 bolts is impossible to get at.

I love Lotus engineering !!!!!!!

Dont worry,be happy.............

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Another 3 hours under the car and I give up !!

some of you mechanic types out there must know the trick to this one..........please share the secret.

Your right this switch is actually above the Oil Filter Casting and slightly higher up, when viewed from the gear box forward. the casting block that feeds the two Oil Coolers.

I'm not sure if you can get to it with engine in place But..........

If you remove the oil filter to start with.... one push on wire connection.

I do have a photo, but it's to big for the upload, my e mail is on my home page.

[email protected] or 07976 609881

I don't like being the bearer of bad news.. but the oil filter housing cannot be removed with the engine in situ. You MAY be able to get that the switch... but the engine mount is in the way of the oil filter housing. It's a serious PITA to get at. The engine is not that difficult to take out though.. the three hours you have spent so far would just about have it on the ground.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Job done with engine in place.............8 hours on the ramp, support engine remove mount, oil filter housing pipework etc and then it is possible !!!!

Lots of swearing, loss of skin and coffee involved, all for a £16 switch, (Lotus wanted £100+ but are out of stock with no idea when available ???? )

• Like 2

I take my hat off to you sir. Well done.

Perhaps.. I've removed the engines in Esprit's so many times.. that I generally go for that option if things look difficult.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.