free hit
counters
learner drivers - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

learner drivers

Given up trying to phone Privilege insurance as they keep me hanging on for 20 mins on an 0845 number playing sh1t music.

Need to know the situation regarding teaching my boy to drive, I guess that the insurance company need to know, or do I slap some L plates on car and get on with it??

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Does your policy cover any driver, and if so does it specify they must hold a full licence?

If not, you'll need to tell them mate.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hung on for another 15 mins to be told that no way can he drive my car, even if I pay! Guess its back to plan B then.

As I'm in a ranting mood....is it only me that is sick and tired of those fools on cycles?? Wots going on here..any Tom Dick or Harry can get on a cycle without it being checked for faults etc, use it on the road without any knowledge of road/traffic awareness, cause endless problems for car drivers when sneaking up the inside then in front and do 3 mph!

So correct me if I'm wrong on this;

1/ Get hold of any old bike in any condition

2/ Dont need MOT

3/ Dont need to pass ANY tests whatsoever

4/ Dont need ANY insurance whatsoever

5/ Use on road or basically anywhere

6/ Ignore all road laws

7/ Never their fault when knocked off

Should be Laws in place to protect them and us, the paying road user.. 

Kill them with fire, it's the only way! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Gonna give it another hour, then leave office in Stratford, drive up M11, look in rear view mirror and stick two fingers up at London, come off M11 at Debdon, drive through country lanes, hope to see some muppet on a bike so I can flick cig butt at him then drive 2mph in front of him, then stop in the Old Shepherd inn for a IPA..or six.

And another thing, wot is is with fools who decide to go for a run in country lanes... how the hell I haven't wiped one of them out is only by luck (and skillful driving :smoke: ). RETARDS!! if they have the urge to run, find a bloody field!!!!!

And another thing, all fools who drive 4x4's should only be allowed to drive in fields, hopefully they will run over running fools!!

Chris

It was never an option for our son to learn on either of our cars (mine a company car with a strict no learnerdriver policy, Sue's a Turbo Esprit) so in the end we took the decision that he might as well buy a cheap 1 litre runabout and insure it to start building a no claims of his own

Can recommend IKube who fit a telematics device and in exchange for a 'spy in the cab' he got reasonable premiums and more importantly they commit to holding the premium for the remainder of the year when he passes his test.

Ben was pleasantly surprised with his first NCD and now as an 18 year old if he passes his test in the next few weeks he'll be insured for the next 9 months unaccompanied at £1300 pa versus the £4k that he was quoted as an 18 year old with a full licence held for 1 month by another company.

Hope that helps

John

P.s a cold beer will help you feel better :)

Is BSM still in business? On my 17th birthday in 1960 I scraped up enough money for 6 driving lessons. Lovely little Austin A40 Farina. The last lesson was actually my driving test and passed first time. Rushed out and bought my first car, a 1937 Austin Big 7 for 25 quid.

• 5 months later...

My son's on his last day for 'L' plates so thought it'd be a great opportunity to let him drive the Lotus.

All went to plan.  6 starts and no stalls.  :-)

LotusMichael_zpsbef793a8.jpg

• Like 1

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Chris...you ever start a political party, you've got my vote!!!!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein