free hit
counters
may I ask for feedback to the IPS - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
anubis1

may I ask for feedback to the IPS

I drove now 10.000 KM with my S-IPS. 

Since the beginning: the IPS is ok in automatic modus, but in sports modus the shifting is something curious. Some shifting is good, some are really jerky. The car shakes and it jabs.

further on: in sport modus and hot weather the gearbox sounds like a sewing machine. 

May I kindly ask some feedback from other sides? It might be, that this IPS must be the way it runs in my car. Thanks Anubis

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Didn't get any of that in either of the IPS cars I had for 3 months each. 

The car shakes? During downshifting or upshifting?
The sewing machine sound comes surely from the gearbox? Like a continuous whistle?

I don't have ever experienced any of the IPS issues you mentioned.

Would take it to the dealer if I were you.

Sewing machine is probably the supercharger? Mine got louder over time - or I listen more to it.

The sewing machine is not the Supercharger. It sound different. 

The difference between normal and sport is really big. So smooth the normal modus is, so strange the sports modus. It feels, like the gear is "hammered" in. I remembger such kind of shifting from the Army driving with the tanks... sorry. I think the dealer must have a look on it. at the next service. 

The S switch only affects the software and I am always surprised when these effects aren't present on all cars. 

Hm, report back please. Mine is now with the garage for a thorough inspection (plus a sheet of Din A4 paper full with warranty claims) after a track day (warranty stuff not track related).

Edited by Sven76

Mine seems ok but can be a bit jerky at times in normal mode. It seems best in manual sport mode but perfectly acceptabel in normal auto. Does yours have the latest software upgrades?

I have the latest update. This was confirmed by my dealer, when I already mentionned a "hard shifting " in sports mode. 

Then Komotec reconfirmed this. They said, that the software should learn... so I gave some time. Now, 4000 KM later it is not much better. Again: absolutely good shifting in normal mode, sometimes hard shaky gearchange in Sports mode. 

Can you ask your dealer specifically what version of the ECU and TCU software they have installed into your car please?

It's nice to have the latest TCU and ECU version, but no matter the TCU version; it shouldn't sound like an sewing machine.

Very true.

The latest editions for an MY12 car are:

ECU: D132F0096

TCU: D132F0223