free hit
counters
Snows Lotus Dealership, Hedge End - Experiences? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Snows Lotus Dealership, Hedge End - Experiences?

Hi,

Does anyone have any experiences (good/bad) of the new Lotus dealership in Hedge End, Southampton?  Either purchasing a new car or servicing.

I am wondering whether its risky using a new dealership, or whether I should go with an established dearler such as Bell & Colvill.

Also how does pricing for servicing, etc. compare with other Lotus dealers, or do all main Lotus dealers tend to charge about the same prices for servicing/labour?

thanks in advance for any advise

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dan,

I had my S2 Esprit MOT'd there and they also set up the carbs on the car.  However I work with a friend of the guy who did this so I knew he was capable of doing the work as he builds race car engines with carbs outside of work.

I got to know Chris Chevasco, who was taken on to run the Lotus side of things, well and we have become friends.  He was putting everything into the job and was starting to build things up.  However, he was fired two weeks ago for, as far as I know, his face not really fitting,  He was not the typical salesman, one of the reasons I liked him.

I drive past the dealership twice a day on my way to work, and he was always there at 7:45 in the morning and 6:00 at night,  Since then, I have not seen anyone up at his old desk, so it looks like its been neglected until they find a replacement.

I can't really comment on servicing, but its always a risk using a new dealership.  My Elise is due a service next month, and despite the fact that the garage is half a mile from where I work I am taking the car to Sportomotive in Salisbury like I usually do.

Cost wise I can't see them being much difference to B&C.

Hope that helps.

I would also add they have a Toyota franchise next door, so if you have a Toyota engine (mines a Rover K series) I would be less worried that they would know what they are doing.

Thanks Neil.

That was my main concern.  I had heard that they had parted company with Chris, and I was in the progress of purchasing a new car with him.  I spoke to the dealership at the weekend who informed me this, and that they currently did not have a replacement, and indeed were not even sure whether they were going to employ a dedicated Lotus saleman.  They did however confirm that they were going to continue as a Lotus dealership, but this has left me with a very uncertain/uncomfortable feeling..