free hit
counters
S350 disc now availible - Sport 350 Technical - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

S350 disc now availible

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave,

What make are the basic discs that Pete has machiend to fit? Does the increased thickness have an impact on the pads, ie. do they need to be reduced in thickness to fit?

I'm hoping the slight vibration i have under braking on the LHS is down to the shot upper balljoint, not the disc!

Steve

The discs are generic off another car. It was on the back on my S4s big disc kit that Pete made for me.

Pete reckons the pads should move in a bit on the AP's so no issues with pads I don't think.

Also we read somewhere on the AP literature about 28mm being used for light use. This is why some owners are finding theirs warping because they are getting on for 5 plus years old and probably wearing thin.

The thicker discs won't have this problem and they'll last longer than the AP ones.

Dave- thats fantastic news.. I was hoping someone would take that project on board before i need to replace mine.. :angry:

One question though - i thought the AP discs were 32mm thick? Might be wrong though? Anybody confirm??

I'm pulling a wheel off mine in the next day or two to replace the bolt that stretched (wouldn't hit 26lb.ft) when fitting the upper ball joint ... I'll measure the disc thickness at the same time. The Sport 300 had 28mm front discs, i wouldn't be surprised if we got the leftovers!

Apart from the stretched ball joint bolt, I was pleased to find runout on my front left disc was only 2.5 thou, so hopefully the vibration under braking on that side is just down to the

I'm pulling a wheel off mine in the next day or two to replace the bolt that stretched (wouldn't hit 26lb.ft) when fitting the upper ball joint ... I'll measure the disc thickness at the same time. The Sport 300 had 28mm front discs, i wouldn't be surprised if we got the leftovers!

Apart from the stretched ball joint bolt, I was pleased to find runout on my front left disc was only 2.5 thou, so hopefully the vibration under braking on that side is just down to the

Edited by roy3785

• 2 weeks later...