free hit
counters
Lotus Newcastle Trackday @ Croft - 27th Oct - Events - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Newcastle Trackday @ Croft - 27th Oct

Bibs

Lotus Newcastle, in association with Fast Lane Events invite Lotus owners and potential customers of Lotus Newcastle to a trackday at Croft Circuit on Sunday 27th October.

£49.95 inc breakfast bun and buffet lunch! 

Come along and explore the true potential of your car on track with guidance from an instructor. 

Interested? Email [email protected] for further details. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My local circuit.........less than 5ml, great offer....................BUT...................90db. limit !!!

doubt if my Nissan Micra shopping trolly could make that, so no chance for the Esprit !!

Dont worry,be happy.............

My local circuit.........less than 5ml, great offer....................BUT...................90db. limit !!!

doubt if my Nissan Micra shopping trolly could make that, so no chance for the Esprit !!

You would be surprised. The noise restriction is only through the back section of the track. I'm running an excel with 240 hp and no centre boxes and only got flagged a couple of times by the marshal.

• 2 months later...

Mike, thanx for the reminder , will see if i can arrange cover for the day, new ECM. new brakes etc.

need to stretch her legs on an oppen circuit..........430bhp should be enough ????

Have you got the Esprit up and running ???

WooooooHoooo !!

got a place on track, that nice Iain Norton at Lotus Necastle offered me a cancellation slot,

think he might want a pax lap in the Sport350.........happy to oblige.

Anyone else on here going ??

• Like 1

Philip, get yourself along for 8.30 breakfast, its a Lotus Newcastle promo thing, they want as many Lotus owners/potential owners as possible there.

grab some pax laps and still be home for lunch and time to sort the bedroom !!!

• Like 1

Greay day out, the rain held off most of the day leaving a track mostly dry with some grasy sections covered in leaves, agood turn out of mostly Exige/Elise variants with a few Evora, a couple of modified Exels and me in the Sport 350.

I was almost sent home before the start as I could not pass the strict 90db. after a little negotiation we compromised and I was allowed to run at a max of 4000rpm !! now we all know how hard that was going to be, I tried and really tried hard and the Esprit with its long gearing and enormous low end torque could hold its own no problem but by the afternoon sessions temptation took over and after a few laps at full power and no black flags I just had to let it go go go !!

Big thanks to all at Newcastle Lotus and the team at Croft circuit.

The coffee and buffet lunch enjoyed by all !

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone get any pics???

Current menagerie;
Kawasaki Z1000SX 2017 (Thinking man's sports tourer)

BMW X3 35D M Sport 2015 (Thinking man's chelsea tractor)

Toyota Hilux Invincible 2007 (Thinking man's mud plugger)

Lotus Esprit V8 1996 (Thinking man's thinking destroyer)