free hit
counters
Speeding Legal - Official! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But only in the early hours if you're driving safely :)

Just remember to keep a video of it so you can prove it's safe :angry:

Edited by scoule

One rule for them, one thousand for us...!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I was given a one month ban for 155mph! Umm

Right then Ive been thinking about the thing in the james bond car when the aston is invisible and I have sussed out how to make it. You will need to buy the tiny surface LEDs that are on backed tape. Buy red green and blue to make an LCD panel type arrangement. You then cover the entire car in them and fix 8 tiny cameras around the car projecting back on the cars new LED surface its surrounding area thus the car will not be seen, whos a clever git then eh......

Edited by gpz900r

I prefer the idea of painting the car "number plate yellow" .. and then covering it with number plate letters and numbers ... Suck on that SPECs camera :angry:

i was fuming when i heard as my mate has just got 12 month ban for 102mph on m1 in overtaking lane,,,,,got busted for "dangerous drivin" my theory is, if you want to take your car on a track day or to pod, you need to "hone your skills" (that was his excuse), so you can all go out tonight about 10-11pm and do 150mph and 84 in a 30mph (which is actually prison offence now). he was "honing his skills" to be able to save lifes when he does high speed,,,,,well same for us when we go on a track isnt it, we practice on the road to be safe on the track.

also he is part of the armed police unit, so does this mean he can go out kill 10 ppl as part of a exercise just to get target practice in.

BIBS, cant your solicitor use this case in some way IF they decide you lot are guilty.

feckin joke, not even practicing should he be allowed to do 84mph in a 30mph limit, as police are trainined to pull back if a pursuit is dangerous in a built up area to save lifes.

and how come it went to court if it was a legal action,,,,didnt the police commitee take him to court in the first place, so in theory they thought he was guilty, and thats the POLICE. so even they dont know the law

rant over

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

PC plod says ...

"I was just honing my driving skills at 159mph when this absolute nutter passed me at 161mph, and proceeded to accelerate to at least 162mph."

The last time a police driver 'honed his skills' whilst under instruction in our area he ploughed into the back of Mini Metro that was in a stationary queue at roadworks at over 80mph, killing the 24 year old woman driver in the Metro. He was cleared of dangerous driving too. Bastards. ElTel

(Was that pic from Mad Max? - Awesome film!)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

max104.jpg

(Was that pic from Mad Max? - Awesome film!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The pressure finally gets to Bibs :angry: Yes that is a still from Mad Max ,there is an excellent web site.........cult classic innit :)
SUNP0003-1.jpg
  • 1 year later...

And the speedos in police car videos cannot be believed.

I know we have discussed this before but I can't find the thread now but the court case of the policeman who was caught driving at 159 mph drags on. Today it was a former police driving instructor saying it was safe.

BBC News story

If it's safe for him, why is it unsafe for anyone who is not a policeman?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Just unbelievable :)

He said advanced drivers, such as Pc Milton, were expected to keep up their skills.

So if you are a race driver you can "keeping up your skills" on the normal road :lol:

It's totally wrong if he doesn't get any penalty about that :)

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

Merged :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

He's Back

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/5284962.stm

Bless - "he's suffered enough" :o

What makes me laugh is how they are going to apeal about the conviction of dangerous driving.

If it had been one of us in the higher powered Esprits at that speed we'd be in the slammer regardless :D

Fact is he might have well been familiarising with the car but no persuit etc goes to that speed, it's too dangerous to the public and the PC themselves.

facebook = [email protected]

Yep...

Getting caught at 150+ mph (and probably less) would definitely result in jail time for any of us :D

Reckless endangerment, Dangerous Driving - god only knows what else...

So you end up in jail despite the fact that ABSOLUTELY NOTHING happened! If you hadn't been caught it would have made rpecisely NO difference to the way of the world what so ever.... Yet for that they see fit to actually imprison someone, give them a proper criminal record and destroy their entire future and employment prospects!

What was it they said about the punishment fitting the crime?!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

No need to go that far...we still have derestricted roads here. No dual carriageways mind...

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"