free hit
counters
owners club - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

owners club

I have just purchased a 75 Elite (had one 30 years ago so gone full circle!!) but my insurance offer discount for joining owners club .... so , who do we recommend to join - been in owners clubs for other cars before and found the best ones are recommended by users ...cheers :help:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Welcome to TLF Chris. :welcome:

You should also duck over to the Introductions thread and say hi in there.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

If you were a paid member you could tell them you're a paid member, therefor making it a club.

Also, if you were a paid member, you'd have access to the 7 insurers who offer up to 15% discount for our members.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I did argue the point with them explaining that while the name may have forum in it, it is very much a club they wouldn't have it. Ill try the clubs insurance next year when its up for renewal. Its the only reason I didn't pay for full membership at the time, maybe ill tell them its The lotus forum club next time to appease the silly insurance people with the inclusion of the word "club".

Welcome!

You could use the Lotus Elite and Eclat Register? (which is here within TLF)

send an email to [email protected] and I'll send you a membership form. It might be a few days as I'm laid up in hosptial at the moment.

NB for insurance on elites and eclats, I can recommend classicline. They gave me the best prices on my two and they will recognise TLF.

hope to see and hear more about your car in the near future. Please put some pics up in the garage section.

Dunc

Guest saraphee

Gosh

Aren't you guys lucky - You have a choice of insurers and offers of discounts.

It is impossible to get insurance here for any classic!

Not even a 3rd party policy - there a compulsory government insurance which pays next to nothing if you injure a person

but no cover for any damages to vehicles or property.

Makes you a pretty careful driver in a nation of "interesting" motorists!

Dunc - sorry to hear you're excused games at the moment - nothing toooo serious one hopes?

What a pity there are no truly international policies!

Dunc - sorry to hear you're excused games at the moment - nothing toooo serious one hopes?

Thanks Rex

Been laid up here for a week. Saddest thing is that I had weekend passes for the Lotus Festival at Brands which I am missing. Relying on TLF to post lots of pics.

Should be back up on my feet, (or on my back with spanners) within a day or two.

Edited by Dunc

Sorry to hear your laid up Dunc. Hope ur back on the spanners again soon mate. Liam

Thanks mate!

Still here for a couple of days yet I think :sick: , so well and truly missed Brands. Felling much better yesterday and today though. Hope all is well with you both and with the little one.

One positive is that I'm likely to be at home for a few days, so I'll perhaps get the front ball joints and rear shocks changed quicker than when doing the 9-5 (which is more like 9-9....).

What was the final outcome on the S1 you looked at? (sorry for topic drift).

D

don't mind the subject drift - just shows the forum is active which is a positive - my insurers (Adrian Flux) look like they have accepted the forum as just had reminder to forward mileage form & no mention of club membership so will keep you posted......on another note had first proper run out this weekend without any drama and even got to wave to fellow wedge driver at Barnetby top !

Even though they recognised TLF, I'd still be keen on adding your details to our marque register. Ping an email to the hotmail address above and I'll send you a form.

Good to hear you are getting a few miles done. How does your new purchase drive? Any initial items need looking at or did you buy a minter?

Would love to see pics. Check out the garage section of TLF. Its the easiest way for us to all admire your new purchase!

D

Hi Dunc. I looked at the S1 but the guy wants £4k, and the rear chassis had a little surface rust which put me off a bit. I was also offered my old S2 back, the red Fred Bushel Elite but the Mot is up and no tax, about the £4k mark too. I'm still mulling it over, have the cash sort of but its a lot of £££ for us at the moment. Lyns and Max are doing well thanks for asking :-) sorry again for the topic drift!