free hit
counters
Air Con Compressor - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Air Con Compressor

bluejay

Hi Guys.

Does anyone here know where I can get a good second hand air con. compressor for my '98 v8 esprit? New one's are around £500.00, absolutely extortionate.

Any contacts would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

James.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi James I have just  removed a recon air con unit from my S3 but I don't know if it is the same as yours, if you find out I am sure we can come to a deal. It was working fine less than a week ago.

John.

Thanks for that John.

I think the V8 one is different, or so the prices at SJ sports cars leads me to believe. The V8 one is nearly double in price.

Many thanks anyway,

James.

the pump Is fitted to a Pontiac grand am & several other gm American cars, i'm sure there is a part No in the parts/cross ref thread.

Last time I checked 6mnths ago it was approx. £140.00 :smoke:   I need to get a new one for mine

Hi James,

I just had mine replaced with a unit sourced from the States.

The company is "AC parts house" "10632N - New V5 A/C Compressor" this is the line item in their product range. It's a straight replacement for the Esprit unit. Not sure what american tank its off but it works. Cost me $156.

I had it shipped to my girlfriends in LA so not sure if they will send to the UK.

If they won't ship abroad, or its crazily priced then I may be able to bring one back for you in November.

Hope the info helps,

Stu. 

Driving Automotive Aristocracy Since 2004

Hi Dave, thanks for that but the V8 compressor is different from yours, otherwise I would have taken your hands off. Cheers.

James.

Hi James,

I just had mine replaced with a unit sourced from the States.

The company is "AC parts house" "10632N - New V5 A/C Compressor" this is the line item in their product range. It's a straight replacement for the Esprit unit. Not sure what american tank its off but it works. Cost me $156.

I had it shipped to my girlfriends in LA so not sure if they will send to the UK.

If they won't ship abroad, or its crazily priced then I may be able to bring one back for you in November.

Hope the info helps,

Stu. 

Hi Stu. handy to know. I've sent them an e-mail and will let youknow how I get on. Thanks a lot,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi James,

I bought a new compressor last year and after much research I found that www.customville.co.uk was the best place to get one.

basically he offered a reconditioned one shipped from the US for around £220 and a brand new one for £270, quick service and exact match.

PS I went for the brand new one due to the hassle in access to change it out should something go wrong.

good luck, and make sure you get the right gaz and oil ration when refilling otherwise its all a waste of time!

Hi guys, thanks for all the input. The American route is definitely the way to go. £250.00 brand new from where Steve suggested.-Customville. It's gonna take about two weeks and the cross reference is a Delphi unit, number Delphi 1135153.