free hit
counters
Elise Tyre Options - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

My Mk1 Elise has still got Bridgestone Potenza SO3s on its wheels but they will need replaced soon.

Front are 195/50 ZR 15 82W

Rear are 225/45 ZR 16 89Y

I believe the best option now are Yokohama Neova.   I would appreciate any feedback about such tyre performance on Elises.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Ken, can I suggest round ones that fit the rims with plenty of tread and good grip, suitable for Scottish West coast roads.

The LoTRDC race series have taken to using Avon ZZRs with excellent results and as such a lot of people are fitting them to their road cars. I think its £540 for all 4 corners.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

another vote for yoko's. my friend Ben has recently put them on his s1, he's really impressed.

I have just had the Avon ZZR's fitted, too early to give much feedback on them yet but hoping they are as good as the Toyo 888's they replaced. http://www.avonmotorsport.com/road-legal/performance/zzr

For a more road biased tyre the Yoko AD08R are the tyre of choice - The R is an update to AD08 http://global.yokohamatire.net/products/advanneova_ad08r.html

I recently fitted my spare wheels with some old Advan Neova's (which I first brought in 2006) and they were scary how little grip they had! Any one running round on aging tyres my want to think about changing them as you may not have noticed the gradual effect of them losing grip as they go hard.

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

Just checked the invoice from Avon and the ZZR's were £526 for a set.

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

I'm just about to order a set of the Yoko Neova AD08R's unless anything has changed since? Still the recommended tyre of choice?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Good to know :blink:

Just ordered 4 from Event Tyres, fitted and balanced at home for £450 all in :)

• Like 1

Evora NA

These are being fitted tomorrow. What pressures shall I try, 23 F/24 R?

Evora NA

Useful. Ta.

Evora NA

Only if you ask really nicely.

Here are the old tyres, that a Police Inspector was driving around on. I'll pop him over 6 points later this weekend...

post-1-0-49187100-1398465449.jpg

and the new. Much, much better :D

post-1-0-40963500-1398465469.jpg

Evora NA

I've used a mix of tyres for road and track use. More recently Yokohama A048 LTS and Dunlop Formula R. I fitted a set of Toyo T1Rs to a spare set for wet track use and was very surprised at their performance in the wet and dry with regards to their price. The side walls are maybe slightly on the soft side but all in all not bad indeed. I run them at 22-23psi front, 24-25psi rear. My next set will be the Yoko AD08Rs also though as I think they have a stiffer sidewall and better grip in the dry. I hear the Toyo R1R are quite comparable also.