free hit
counters
Auto Art 1:18 V8 - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Auto Art 1:18 V8

karmavore

I have already noticed some inaccuracies (not that it will stop me from buying one! :rolleyes: ) The steering wheel is not the ugly GM drab grey, also the battery cover appears white when it should be black, and possibly the steering wheel column cover should be black (on the magnolia/black car). And weren't all binnacle covers black? Seems like a lot of mistakes were made in the interior coloring...

I like how the headlights raise and lower...nice added detail that is left out of a lot of models with pop-ups.

Edited by Paul93Lotus

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you that don't visit the yahoo group, I finally received notification

from Legacy Motors that the 1998 V8 model from AutoArt has been released.

Some seem to think it's a 1997 but in any case it is a V8 with right hand drive

I'm sure that other online AutoArt dealers will also have them. I believe

that they are a limited edition of 6,000 so they should be available for a while.

They currently are available in Red,Black and Yellow.

http://www.legacydiecast.com/xq/asp/code.A...ew_arrivals.htm

Topic moved out of V8 technical room and merged.

Please read the instructions and use the search facility, ta :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I think it's superb - right colour too :)

I've done a few conversions on die-cast cars (mostly left to rhd) the interior is easily sprayed or stained to the correct colour - different steering wheels are easily made from that 2 part putty that sets when mixed.

Yeah there are some mistakes (no head light surrounds) but overall it's pretty darn good if you ask me.

facebook = [email protected]

Dont you mean the daylight robbery tax ?

Or TPTT (Total Piss Take Tax) I just bought a 30 year old book on Ebay from California on the agreed basis that the import ticket was "suitably" filled in. Now it looks like the seller has used some kind of postal thingy through Paypal, which sounds like the true cost will be clearly marked :unsure: . Crapping myself as to the final bill any day now ...

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Hehe what cracks me up is they have the gall to charge you VAT on used goods and POSTAGE !!

My unc's got stung badly on an old 60's guitar he bought on e-bay. Even gifts are not safe !

My mate Ken in Hong Kong used to send me my replicas and fiddle the import but they soon cottoned onto it.

The things are about

facebook = [email protected]

AHHHHHHHHHHH !

FUUUUUUUU#*!!!

Just opened the AutoArt box with my precious new Esprit V8 ! And ?

The darn packing is so sturdy, whilst unscrewing the 3 holddowns, one stubendous move and I ripped the rearwing right off. :(:o:)

SO WHEN UNPACKING WATCH FOR THE REARWING, THE AREAL, and the Mirrors ! ( One fell off by it self, the glue applied did not hold it that well )

BUT ALL IN ALL A LOVELY MODEL, THE BRAKEDISKS TURN AS WELL... :o

Edited by esprits4de

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHH !

FUUUUUUUU#*!!!

Just opened the AutoArt box with my precious new Esprit V8 ! And ?

The darn packing is so sturdy, whilst unscrewing the 3 holddowns, one stubendous move and I ripped the rearwing right off. :):):blush:

SO WHEN UNPACKING WATCH FOR THE REARWING, THE AREAL, and the Mirrors ! ( One fell off by it self, the glue applied did not hold it that well )

BUT ALL IN ALL A LOVELY MODEL, THE BRAKEDISKS TURN AS WELL... :o

I just got mine today. I had a similar experience while unpacking it. The mirror fell off and I had to glue it back on. It's a very realistic example of an Esprit -- even the part about the mirror falling off. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there just in case anyone is interested I saw an ad on ebay and also checked on an autoart distributor site they have just releasing a 1/18 scale model of the esprit v8 available in red black or yellow not cheep at around 50 pounds :mellow: but very nice detail.

Cheers Ric

sorry just realised there is already a topic runnung about esprit models .

Edited by ric&g

i have found this mail order site that seems to stock alot more than the other ones i have looked at,

modelenium

i was going to revive a pre- post but there was too much digresion on it :mellow:

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

• 1 month later...

I got the V8 model last November; click to view. Enjoy!

th_66615_CRW_3021_123_388lo.jpg th_66471_CRW_3018_123_328lo.jpg th_66583_CRW_3023_123_574lo.jpg th_66527_CRW_3029_123_405lo.jpg

th_66496_CRW_3031_123_407lo.jpg th_66626_CRW_3034_123_337lo.jpg

Current menagerie;
Kawasaki Z1000SX 2017 (Thinking man's sports tourer)

BMW X3 35D M Sport 2015 (Thinking man's chelsea tractor)

Toyota Hilux Invincible 2007 (Thinking man's mud plugger)

Lotus Esprit V8 1996 (Thinking man's thinking destroyer)

I got the V8 model last November; click to view. Enjoy!

I have ayellow one. It has the raven interior with the yellow piping, just like my car. You can turn the wheels with the steering wheel, and even the sun visors come down. The interior buttons and dials have the correct markings, including the gear change stick B)

Obvious mistake is the black plastic triangle in front of the mirrors, is colour coded, like on the early steven's cars.

Got one in November as well... Very happy with it and warming me up to the newer Stevens shape Esprits... Compliments my Black AutoArt G-Car very nicely :lol:

Ordered one of each - Black, Yellow & Red by special order - Opened all the boxes, and chose the Black/Tan interior - my ultimate colour choice.

Or TPTT (Total Piss Take Tax) I just bought a 30 year old book on Ebay from California on the agreed basis that the import ticket was "suitably" filled in. Now it looks like the seller has used some kind of postal thingy through Paypal, which sounds like the true cost will be clearly marked :lol: . Crapping myself as to the final bill any day now ...

Do they charge import duty on VAT exempt items or are old books not VAT exempt unlike new books?

Jason

Land Rover Discovery II & waiting on next Esprit

• 2 weeks later...
Do they charge import duty on VAT exempt items or are old books not VAT exempt unlike new books?

Fortunately never found out as the item ended up suitably marked. I didn't know books were zero rated however, thanks for that.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream