free hit
counters
If not Kimi, then who? - Page 6 - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
The Pits

If not Kimi, then who?

Guest surferphil

Probably a good thing, I hate all that cheap petrol, sunny weather, warm beaches and open roads, not sure how you Americans put up with it!  :ouch:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Ughh, I still can't read any of Saward's writing without picturing him rubbing his thighs with glee about any misfortune which befalls the Enstone team.

Kovalainen, he has driven this years F1 car. And he has Renault background. 

That would be good! I'd love to see him back. He constantly over performed in the Caterham.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

What, 2nd from last or last all the time? :mellow: :P

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Put one of the Nissan GT Academy PS3 Gran Turismo winners in there!  (Renault/Nissan tie in)

Lucas Ordóñez did pretty well at LeMans after winning the first GT Academy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Ord%C3%B3%C3%B1ez

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

So, Massa has joined Williams, Maldonado is out, probably taking his $30m sponsorship with him. Could Lotus be tempted or does the Quantum deal give them the latitude for Hulkenberg?

As for the last two races this season, given the need for points they should go for Kovalinen, if only for his race and Renault experience. But its hard to argue against having a reserve driver for exactly this situation and then not using him.

Guest surferphil

Put one of the Nissan GT Academy PS3 Gran Turismo winners in there!  (Renault/Nissan tie in)

Lucas Ordóñez did pretty well at LeMans after winning the first GT Academy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Ord%C3%B3%C3%B1ez

I completed all three Lotus Turbo Challenge games on my Amiga!  :yes:  (I think that's where the problem started) 

re:- "So, Massa has joined Williams, Maldonado is out, probably taking his $30m sponsorship with him."

Frank must have a financial rabbit to pull out of his hat because Massa doesn't usually bring money to a team......

Heard any rumours?

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Maybe Frank's done the maths, Massa's still up there, he'll bring in points, probably Brazilian sponsors too. 

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

It seemed that when Williams had Barrichello the team was low in the standings but made some decent points and were getting better.  THen they dumped him and put Maldanado in.  The car was still decent and the tire situation allowed Maldo to hit it right a few times.  But now lacking feedback from an experienced driver Williams is falling backagain.  Perhaps Massa's experience coupled with Brazilian dinero and a decent exit package from PDVSA is why Massa is in the seat.

Kyle Kaulback

I had an Amiga for many years, but never had the Esprit racing game for some reason...

I still have my Amiga and all the games safely put aside in the attic.  Even the monitor which I almost threw out a few years ago but remembered in time, has some unique plug to mate with the Amiga on it.  One of these years must dig it out & laugh.  I wonder if it will work? I even bought an Amiga emulator programme for my first laptop which was a Tosh with a massive 140 MEG HD as we needed our fix of Rick & Lotus Esprits!!   I had a few of the driving games and not just the Esprit games (Rick Dangerous series was our favourite games in the family)

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

According to Bild, it won't be Hulkenberg, Sauber turned down the offer to free him from his obligation to the team which is totally logical as Sauber is still under pressure from Toro Rosso for 7th in the constructor championship.  

Barrichello hasn't driven an F1 in over a year, has no connection to the team whatsoever and cannot be considered a long term option. Maldonado is still under contract at Williams and Williams as no reason to let him go either. Considering the relationship between Team Lotus F1 and Caterham F1 I don't really see Heikki being given the greenlight if he's to get back in the drivers seat of a green car next season, Although is probably the best pair of hands available and already knows the team as he was a test driver and their number 2 driver a few years ago.

And according to some rumormongers the Quantum motorsport money still hasn't made its way to Enstone.

Edited by NedaSay

Well it is 2 days and 14 hours 'til first practice so they better decide and announce something soon.

Kyle Kaulback

"Mystery Guest Appearance" by Michael Schumacher? :zorro:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

It is reported that Hulk turned down an offer to race for Lotus in the last two races (without a contract for next year as well).  Said to be risky (I guess because without a contract for next year he risks losing Sauber seat).

http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38126:f1--hulkenberg-turns-down-risky-formula-1-race-drives-with-lotus-for-usa-a-brazil&catid=1:f1&Itemid=157

Same article speculates that Quantum deal will collapse and that Maldanado will take next years seat and bring PDVSA with him and that Valsecchi will drive last 2 races.

Kyle Kaulback

Let me guess, Perez may end up at Enstone next year if he's able to bring some Telcel/Carlos Slim's money with him.

Heikki racing this week end may happen if Lotus can pay him, which is not foregone conclusion. They really are desperate,  their fourth spot is safe  but taking third from the reds may be a tall order as they are trailing by 26 points.  It would take a mini earthquake to make that many point in the next two races with the reds not having much to do but to follow Romain closely to finish ahead in the team championship.

Besides. both Bouiller and Lopez have come forward in the french media saying that the team situation is difficult and that if the overall revenue repartition doesn't change quickly, Enstone may have to fire let go 300 people that is 60% of the team's workforce. Obviously the Quantum money has not made it yet and may never make it to Enstone. The team debt has been recently estimated at a whopping $120M+.

The Lopez rant. in french here

Freudian slip, or typo? 

Heikki may be good, or even a god to some fans, maybe even a "good-god" kind'a guy, but can he make his own brake discs from scratch? :D

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.