free hit
counters
Transporting a windscreen to Malta - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi Guys,

My original windscreen was heavily scratched when I bought the car and since has been cracked during removal, so I am looking to replace with a new windscreen.

I am pre-planning my refitting of the interior and I am trying to work out how to get a windscreen posted to Malta.

I've managed to find a company that is willing to ship the windscreen from Manchester to Malta in an insured container.  However my difficulty is figuring out how to have the windscreen transported from SJ/Pilkington to Manchester and how it can be packed.

The shipping costs to Malta SJ were astronomical ! However If I can keep the total weight under 50kgs then I can get a great shipping rate through this group container company.

Would anyone have any thoughts on how I can package and transport to Manchester?

Vin Taylor

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to find a courier who will insure it and in my experience very few UK couriers will do that for glass. You might be better off finding someone on Shiply.com and ensure they get it insured personally.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

You need a courier who handels fine art, they are used to shipping delicate products in insurance approved packaging..

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

When I bought my windscreen from Pilkingtons they wouldn't pack it and send it to me I had to physically go and get it. Even though I was willing to pay the full delivery costs they just weren't interested.

Paul.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire