free hit
counters
Will Lotus F1 be Lotus F1 next year. If not what name would you like it to be? - Page 2 - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Will Lotus F1 be Lotus F1 next year. If not what name would you like it to be?

Simon350S

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have never seen this as a continuation of the old team anyway

100% agreed and I'm pretty sure that this is the way it is viewed by most people. Watching this weekend's race it was nice to see the name there but some how I just don't see it as any more than just that, a name.

I hope it stays. I think one thing Lotus really lacks is name recognition. Most car enthusiasts know who Lotus is, but most people will just stare blankly at you when you say you have Lotus. Even if they have no association with the original Team Lotus and the cars it still keeps the name out there.

'86 Lotus Esprit Turbo

Pretty much everyone in the UK knows who Lotus are, perhaps it's just a location thing. I bet the same people you've spoken to aren't car people and also won't know what a Ferrari, Lamborghini or Maserati is.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Given the non existing advertising by Lotus cars I think it's devastating to see the articles about Lotus F1 financial struggle. It's not helping the brand to be linked to financial issues. Especially in relation to the Bahar mess which was the last time the name Lotus was mentioned in the press.

It's much different in the US for Lotus. I've spoken to plenty people that know who Ferrari is, but have no clue who Lotus is. I overheard someone wondering why a Ferrari was at a British car show when looking at my Esprit. As Stefan says, Lotus doesn't do any advertising. Companies like Ferrari don't have to because everyone knows who they are. Lotus doesn't have that kind of name recognition, certainly not here anyway.

I completely agree that the financial issues the Lotus F1 Team are having is not good for Group Lotus. However I think most casual observers won't hear about that. It's rare enough to see the race results on a news channel.

I'm quite surprised the team is having such a hard time getting good sponsorship money. They've been doing great the past couple years. Hopefully the rumours that they've got someone to take a stake in the team are true.

'86 Lotus Esprit Turbo