free hit
counters
RUSH - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

RUSH

I saw it last night in Norwich, courtesy of Classic Team Lotus. A really great evening and thanks to all involved.

I managed to count seven people in the credits that I know, one or two on here (I won't mention names; I'll leave you to blow your own trumpet if you wish)!

I came away a little underwhelmed by the film. I won't spoil it for other people right now but only thought of it as a 7/10 experience. Funnily enough, the girls seemed to enjoy it more. If you are close to motorsport and the cars, it all just seemed a bit untrue, leaving some of us blokes a bit underwhelmed.

Am I in the minority? What do others think?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random!

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I saw it last night, in the audience with Guy and I agree with Guy, not exactly what I thought it was going to be, perhaps go one more with 8/10.

Having grown up in the 70's and remembering James Hunt winning in 76, I thought it would've been a more emotional film for me, taking me back to the time, but it didn't. I only felt touched at the end, which was not because of the film it's self, sort of.

Some excellent photography though through out the film, worth going to see.

• Gold FFM

I've not seen the movie yet. I imagine it's a Hollywood version of the BBC2 "Hunt vs Lauda: F1's Greatest Racing Rivals". Not sure if already posted here, and if you don't want the movie spoiled, don't watch this:

http://youtu.be/EDGV7U3vqU4

Signature not working...

Just come back from seeing it, have to say I loved it,

I watched the BBC 2 documentary when it was on a month or two back, and didn't know too much about the story (only being 4 in 1976).  Glad I did, otherwise I am sure I would have thought the film was a bit "days of thunder" rather than being a true story.

Saw it last night and totally with Guy on this. Left me all a bit cold and too much like a dramatic Documentary.  Again strangely my wife and other mates wife enjoyed it more than the 2 blokes although other couple were only 2 that year.  It was filling in gaps for them.  Well enough shot movie though and worth seeing.  Mind you some of SWMBO's enjoyment may have been the bloke playing Thor - sorry Hunt.  She did comment more than once he was better looking than Hunt!

Maybe most telling thing was cinema was almost empty on night 3 (Sunday) at 8pm.  Maybe only 50 people in a 400 seater.  Doesn't bode well for ever being called a classic movie even if it will be known as a good motor racing movie.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Thanks for posting the BBC2 You Tube video, I was never a fan of racing but I really enjoyed that.. :clap:

Ditto, excellent documentary, thanks for posting

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Maybe most telling thing was cinema was almost empty on night 3 (Sunday) at 8pm.  Maybe only 50 people in a 400 seater.  Doesn't bode well for ever being called a classic movie even if it will be known as a good motor racing movie.

That doesn't surprise me too much, I don't think its going to have mass appeal (would think the Senna film would have been the same).

I know people who won't be seeing it as they don't like motorsport and the fact its a Ron Howard film isn't enough.

Saw it Tuesday night, enjoyable film with maybe too few good laughs for my own taste -but at the end of the day my main thoughts were that  fundamentally, neither Hunt nor Lauda are characters able to draw in an audience`s emotional affinity (and no reason why they should do -in real life they were there to win races, not to amuse with spatkling wit or insight,  especially in an age when celebrity culture was not as pervasive as now).

Would it for instance be easy to make a film with Kimi Raikkonnen as the main character ?!