free hit
counters
New Boy - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New Boy

ansellb

Hi

Sorry I've not introduced myself before: I've been lurking on the Forum for a while - but now it's time to come out of the closet...

My name is Ben Ansell, and I own an Esprit.

There. I've said it.

I've just taken the plunge and bought myself a beauuuuutiful 1994 Pacific Blue S4 from Paul Matty Sportscars. It's in great condition, and was obviously loved by the previous owner (if you're listening - thanks!)

So see you on the Forum - and please don't be annoyed if I ask loads of dumb questions.

All the best,

Ben Ansell

Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire

post-1469-1158594902.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

welcome to the forum Ben, SNAP!!

great choice of car, I love pacific blue S4's look left....

come to one of the north midland meets we would love to see you and the car

Howard

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Cheers Mr.Ansell and welcome to the forum. :lol:

Feel free to ask as many daft questions as you like, Im sure Paul C will find time to answer all of them :D:D

Nice car, but I cant believe you would choose that over the White 1986 turbo Esprit in Mattys showroom :D:P:D

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Hello Ben and welcome to forum :lol:

Don't worry about silly questions, I'm the one who make those here :D

Nice looking car you have there (although it isn't a G-car :D ), you can put some more photos in garage section.

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

Thanks everyone for the really warm welcome.

I'm really chuffed with the Esprit. It's just the most amazing machine - but I guess you already know that. :unsure:

It's developed a nasty tickety tickety noise under heavy throttle: Roy the Service Manager at Paul Matty's said it sounds like a leak from the exhaust manifold :D . Good job they gave me a 3-month warranty...

But here's my first stupid question: should the clutch be such a complete b*stard? You really have to mash the pedal into the carpet to get it to release, and even then it feels like I'm abusing the synchros with every gearchange. Is that the standard Esprit experience, or does the clutch need replacing?

It would be nice to know before the warranty's up... :lol:

Cheers,

Ben

Welcome to the forum Ben. Sorry to hear you're having a couple of teething problems! I don't think anyone has a perfect esprit as there always seems to a niggle or two! Don't let it spoil your enjoyment. Best to get out and drive it as much as possible. Had my share of problems but it's worth it for the sheer pleasure it gives.

Brendan

Had similar cluch problem with my S4. They are NOT meant to be like that.

Mine was low on fluid (read bone dry!) because of a leak on the master cylinder. Check there first.

Good luck and as Howard says, make sure you turn up at the NMEG runs

Graham

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Congrats Ben,

Matching car to Howards too by the sounds of it. Clutch shouldnt have a problem like that so get it checked out asap like Graham says. I hope you can attend the next NMEG meet so we can say hi and have a good look over your car. Always nice to meet a new owner and have a chat over a pint.

Hope to see you at the next NMEG meet. B)

Not the dreaded "Red Hose" syndrome again"?

Hi Ben,

You can check out the info on the dreaded "Red Hose" syndrome on LEW at:

http://www.lotusespritworld.co.uk/EGuides/...clutchhose.html

basically the original red plastic hose running from the clutch master cylinder too the slave cylinder at the gearbox end swells when it gets hot and you loose pressure in the hose stoping the clutch from disengaging :unsure: . But make sure you check your fluid level as previously sugested as well.

Nice looking car by the way and I see you've got a suitable size garage to put it in as well. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new Esprit.

Bye

Martyn B)

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the forum. S4 would be my next choice, if I ever bought a second esprit or upgraded. & spooky enough I would have in that blue aswell. However I am currently more than happy with my G car. I' ll be even happier when I have my HC engine in her.

Daz

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

Cheers Mr.Ansell and welcome to the forum. :lol:

Nice car, but I cant believe you would choose that over the White 1986 turbo Esprit in Mattys showroom :P:P:D

Wayne, Shhh. I'm hoping that will still be there next summer when I hope to be buying my first Esprit! B)

Hi Ben and welcome, very nice looking S4. Worth paying the extra to buy from a dealer and get that warranty!

Andy

MK1 Volkswagen Golf Owners Club Well, had to get this one in if anyones interested?!