free hit
counters
AIRBOX TO CARBS MOUNTING - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

AIRBOX TO CARBS MOUNTING

Hi friends,

just a quick question:

there is some type of gasket between the airbox backplate and the carbs or they are just bolted on?

Found nothing on the WM and I don't remember any gasket when I had disassembled.

Thanks

Giorgio

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On my 82 Turbo there are seperate gaskets, one for each carb...they are standard Dell'Orto parts, conform to the outline of the mating face of the carburetter. Just looked at the parts list, and it shows seperate small gaskets for each choke. Can't speak for the S2...

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I did a carb rebuild on my S2 and it had the gaskets, which I replaced.  Got them from Eurocarb in Reading.

Interestingly though I had Pete Gentilli help me with some work on my car which required the airbox to be removed, and he commented that his S2 didn;t have the gaskets.

As they exist, I carried on using them.

Edited by Nelly9000

I think they are these?

http://www.dellorto.co.uk/merchandise/products_details.asp?PartNo=DHLA%20A/C%20GASKET45-48&CategoryID=1&PartsectionID=1

Definitely not reported on the parts list of the esprit S2

Giorgio

Edited by ghe67