free hit
counters
Royal Mail - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Royal Mail

Bibs

If they made £403m profit last year why are stamps so fcukin' expensive! How come so many of these state owned organisations make so much money? Shouldn't they be provided as a service to the country that owns them? Seems like my fridge charging me for milk if you ask me! 

Anyway, should I buy shares?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Profit/number of stamps = reduction in stamp price.

Easy.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Personally, institutionally or both?

Evora NA

I am. But I will sell them quickly (hopefully) as I do think they made a big profit in readiness for the sale (especially based on the previous years performances).

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I paid 60p for a first class stamp today, I thought they'd made a mistake.  What's happened to prices recently?

I guess as they go private the price will double in a few years.  I still wouldn't buy shares in Royal Mail though.

I remember stamps in Australia being 5c. They are now 55c if I recall correctly. I don't know how many people actually still use stamps other than maybe sending a card.

Email has taken over from the humble letter I think.

I don't know if the cost of stamps is due to wages etc, but if there nett profits are going up, then their outgoing costs and return on investment must be either the same or decreasing, I would have thought.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

If they made £403m profit last year why are stamps so fcukin' expensive!

Because they realised they'd made a massive mistake and re-employed me!

Anyway, should I buy shares?

They are giving me £2k worth of shares for free........ I'll take them but I doubt I'll buy any more.

Unless the business really plus it's socks up they'll be dead and burried within a few years, bought out by some company for £1 who will kick out the union and actually utilise the ifastructure it has and bin the outdated automation every other company has thrown out and keep trying to improve.

Then they'll maybe buy some decent automation.... Let's hope they buy decent parcel machines, they are so far behind in parcels automation it's unreal.......! Bet we get the cheap crap though!

Alan, just say it as it is! Don't be a pansy!

Chunky Lover

60c now Mr Ramjet.  Actually went up in 2010...  hope you haven't received any fines for undervaluing the service.  :turned:

Looks like we're linked to the UK price :huh:   60 for 60.  Although 60 pence currently converts to around $1.05 here. 

But it's all relative.  Just look at how far the Royal Mail has to travel to send that 60p postcard when compared to our distance. 

map.png

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

• Gold FFM

I'm not in a position to give financial advice to others, but will I buy additional shares? Of course; it's heading in the right direction, just a bit late to the (parcel) party. Is it a good investment? Only the future can know.

There's progress to be made and the funds generated by the floatation will give RM the power to complete modernisation, open new markets, and reduce regulation.

Signature not working...

• 2 weeks later...

Fluffykittykindworld: Profit equals lower stamp prices.

Dogeatdogworldweactuallylivein  : Profit equals trebles all round for the (big) shareholders. Stamp prices ? Oh , yeah, of course, they`re those little square things with wassername on it....did she buy any shares by the way ?