free hit
counters
People's reaction to the Esprit - what's yours? - Page 10 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Loose Cannon

People's reaction to the Esprit - what's yours?

zNooooo, now you have tzold our Little zecret to ze public. Fraulein Markrel iz preparing a new zhipment of ze modified enginez whizh iz vatercooled. Very zpezial, only 176.000 zauzend made, codenamed 99zix, 99zeven and boxzter, and of courze a zecret one ztoo.

And if it is not a zecret any more, we will have a new zecret method of polouting ze public, so zhey cannot drive ze nazty britizh lotuz carz, ezpezially ze Epritz. Witz more gazoline and diezel than advertized, also mit viel Mehr smutz.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I had an almost identical experience back in 1987 - 2 weeks after I had bought my Esprit when a motorcycle cop pulled me over for "speeding" in the centre of Croydon. It was just an excuse to look over and sit in the car :)

I knew I was ok when he said "Christ it's a bit f**king tight in here isn't it" when he sat in the drivers seat after only taking his helmet off. Spent 30 minutes chatting, looking over the car and then sent me on my way.

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

I’ve heard my missus say that more than once 

I've heard her say that too

• Haha 2

Sorry - she was fairly loud about the expression when the first Esprit turned up

Only here once

59 minutes ago, Andyww said:

The cop ...offered the advice: "If you really want to floor it, go down the A3..."

Perfect anecdote to get you a pass if you get pulled for flooring it down there now Andy. 

That's bloody classic! Lots has been said (most of it on this thread!), but that's just bloody classic! Love it. That's what I drive now – a Maserati, but for someone with money. I'm going to be telling that one for weeks…

The exhaust on my Esprit is a custom job. It was salvaged from my previous red SE and fitted to my current silver one when a flange on the standard exhaust started leaking. I think it was made in Germany by a previous owner, about 70mm diameter, only a small muffler and an empty cat.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Filip you are a bad boy.

The last times I drove around I got quite wild reactions of BMW M's & Merc AMG guys who think I should be go crazy with them. But I'm a calm boy who enjoys driving with the old-timer on the B-roads.

2 hours ago, Escape said:

I think it was made in Germany 

So it's a stage 1 only then?

image.png.3dfc644ebf53179296493af9d43b8456.png

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Magnus Walker goes Lotus?????

This man is a real and true Porsche addict....and he goes Lotus. I will be very interested to see what he will make of the heritage of Colin Chapman and the design of Giugiaro. Fact is, he will restyle the car. That is what he does with 911's . His work is kinda interesting. 

magnus-walker-story-20