free hit
counters
People's reaction to the Esprit - what's yours? - Page 6 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Loose Cannon

People's reaction to the Esprit - what's yours?

Sounds like you found a Ruf in the diamond Ian!

I am equally blessed as my good lady takes no interest in my car or drinking habits! Hic...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
10 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

...otherwise we'd be living in a tent...

:D:D:D 

Driving through shall we say a slightly less salubrious area of Swindon this afternoon with the windows down, a young lad and two delightful young ladies walked past and one of them shouted "pimp!" at me. As I was in the middle of the rather red tinted lantern part of town I took that as a compliment... :smoke:

• Like 2

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

:hrhr: ladies you know or manage ??

• Like 1

Only here once

You really should find a car that's less conspicuous for that kind of activity.

Margate Exotics.

2 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

You really should find a car that's less conspicuous for that kind of activity.

Said the man in the know...

:sofa:

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

On 2 August 2016 at 11:17, hopo said:

I feel I should chip in here to state that my Mrs actually bought ME the Esprit (2nd one) and I've held of getting hitched too! what am I doing!

Having met the young lady I'd say you're punching well above your weight mate 

• Like 2

This is how to impress your son in law to be. (or maybe I was trying to intimidate him) Took him out in the Esprit, let him take plenty of selfies to show his mates, look what car my girlfriends dad drives.

Shame there's no money left for the big white wedding,  never mind,  I can take her to the registry office in the Lotus!

FB_IMG_1466289157642.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/3/2016 at 22:06, Bazza 907 said:

Having met the young lady I'd say you're punching well above your weight mate 

Seconded! :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

3 hours ago, BP81 said:

A bit short and sweet surely!!:blush:

40 minutes ago, BP81 said:

I'm turning into my dad started typing and realised that it was on the wrong thread and then couldn't delete it.  

Ha ha!!!! It is an odd forum in that respect as you can't go into your post once a certain time has passed.......I've never noticed that anywhere else before?

Not an esprit but an exige (sorry).

parked up in halfords and this chap and family came over, said hello and leant in the car with his hands "hands off!, it's just been polished"

After a look round:

"isn't that a lotus, is it manual or automatic, petrol or diesel"

atleast they liked the car despite not having a clue :cry: 

Yup. We have the bloody German brands to thank for putting diesels into sporty looking cars - is it petrol or diesel - jeez - and that poor sod was probably into his cars when younger. Marriage has a lot to answer for ;)

Probably also  explains why a guy in his Q5 TDI tried to race us on the LEGS run on Sunday. All the prick did was to get in the way. He was driving like a complete knob.

My neighbour has a TDI TT and all she goes on about is what great fuel economy she gets in her sports car. At this point I usually lose the will to live and drown myself in several bottles of wine. It makes it all easier to cope with...

Ho hum. At least he could read and saw it was a Lotus. A glimmer of hope maybe for mankind.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

On 2 August 2016 at 11:22, GTK said:

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Probably also  explains why a guy in his Q5 TDI tried to race us on the LEGS run on Sunday. All the prick did was to get in the way. He was driving like a complete knob.

I think the most likely explanation is that the guy in the Q5 TDI was a prick and a complete knob. He had bought a Q5 TDI, after all!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimSportsTourer said:

I think the most likely explanation is that the guy in the Q5 TDI was a prick and a complete knob. He had bought a Q5 TDI, after all!

Haha - superb. My favourite post of the month! Made me giggle. Nice one.

One of the things about the later S4/S4s and V8 Esprits is that, aside from the tiny decals in the rear quarter-light windows, there's no model name badge anywhere on the car so it is difficult for others to identify unless they already know what they're looking at.

This is fine, except it gives rise to all kinds of speculation. I have overheard my car being described in detail as a Lamborghini Countach (I wish), and a Ferrari 308 Dino (sic), both times by loud-mouthed, know-all, know-nothing twats, intent on demonstrating their profound lack of knowledge of sports cars to their gobshite, lager-swilling, football-shirt-wearing tosspot mates.

Still, I guess it's a cross we have to bear.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Mines got a lovely v8 badge on the back

Only here once

That was an impression of one of our local Thanet chav-tastic car buffs, by the way.

Margate Exotics.

My worst one, in the Carb Turbo...

Chav#1: Phwoooar dat is sick.

Chav#2: Fkin MR2 wiv a body kit innit.

As they ambled in front of me.  Oh, the temptation.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.