free hit
counters
People's reaction to the Esprit - what's yours? - Page 9 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Loose Cannon

People's reaction to the Esprit - what's yours?

My Wife says she wants a 911 for her 50th.  A massive NO!  It's not going to happen!  It's not going on my drive!

Back to Esprits, I seem to be getting a lot more positive comments from people about the car, certainly in the last month or so.  Almost every time I've taken it out people are asking questions or giving the thumbs up.  Maybe the Esprit has turned the corner. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

My Wife says she wants a 911 for her 50th.  A massive NO!  It's not going to happen!  It's not going on my drive!

Well now, if you can get the wife to agree to do some of the things that she's always given you a massive NO!, it might make sense to get her that 911!

Ever since I started being interested in cars it has always been a complete mystery to me as to why people like the 911. It has absolutely no redeeming features at all. 

Not only ugly but, as James May puts it, it is simply designed wrongly. What is the attraction, can anyone explain it? 

• Like 2

There is a low-brow but sometimes funny comedian here in the States who will say something like....

"My wife wanted a new Porsche and I laid down the law and told her that there was absolutely no way she was getting a Porsche...."

after a brief pause,

"So last week, I was riding with my wife in her Porsche...."

• Like 1

Jim McLeskey Richmond, VA USA

44 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

There it is - once you've been brow beaten down - we can all mock you when the photos get posted up :evil:

No chance Mate!  When are you getting that 4 pot project?  That'll be the next laugh!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Ok, who is gonna start a book on this. I'll put £25 to charity she has one by the end of the year...! :o

The odds aren't good.  There's more chances of finding Elvis alive on the Moon.

Mark, if she is like every women I know she will really want 356 Speedster and they are definitely allowed. I have yet to meet a women who doesn't think they are cool, my wife included. 

• Like 1

Now that is a real Porsche. Lovely.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

One week later...

"Honey, I'm home, too!" :welcome:

69de46ol58r7

• Like 1

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

On 29/09/2016 at 14:58, Jacques said:

The Japanese tourist group replied with a standing applause every single one of them. ;) Thanks to the japanese tourists.

Japanese tourists always go ballistic when I drive my Esprit in Central London. Cameras frantically come out and snapping away. 

• Like 2

Bit of a weird one: I got a text message from a number unknown to me, telling me they've spotted a silver Esprit in their street and asking if it was me. My Esprit was parked at home the entire day and I had only been out in the Range. Quite unlikely my dad took the Esprit for a joyride, especially without telling me and parking in exactly the same spot. And there can't be that many silver Esprits on the road in Belgium. What's more, I've only got the car for 1.5 year, so it has to be someone who has met me recently AND remembered the car. The message had a very feminine tone, I really should find out who it's from. :ph34r:

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

How does a text message have a feminine tone? Does it show up in a pink colour?

Margate Exotics.

"Papa's Got a Brand New Bag?" :devil:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Got a great reaction from my female passenger yesterday. It was nice sunny day, and she had already commented that it was nice to have the roof open. A bit into the journey we encounter some traffic, which prompted the following:

"Is there something hot in there (pointing to the side of the tunnel near her footwell)? Oh no, wait, that's just me. :)"

I wasn't quite sure how to respond to that. :ph34r: Especially as I really don't want to get on the wrong side of her husband! (edit: I could have phrased that better...)

BTW, can't believe this topic lay dormant for 10 months! Is nobody driving their Esprit, or are we just not noticed anymore? So just to add one more, earlier that day I also got asked if it was a Ferrari by a volunteer selling cartoons, one of which depicted a 308-style sportscar. :)  I probably made his day by flashing the headlights as much as by buying some cartoons.

Filip

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

The thing which amuses me most about ownership is the number of people who claim they used to have one. Considering the production run of Esprit's, they have must have been changing hands very quickly for everyone to have had one for a bit...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Never met someone who used to have one. But I've met the same 5 Guys who still have theirs. They don't change hands often around here. Probably way too cheap, too fast and too exotic, to be of any interest to most people, who anyway only go on babbling about a "zertain zgerman zkar, which iz waitinzg to exzplode any monentz now..."

Jacques :)

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)