free hit
counters
Modified Eclat - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Loose Cannon

Modified Eclat

Spotted these pics on Flickr of an Eclat with a lot of work done to it. Taken at York, does anyone know of it? Is it really "supercharged" and what era engine is it with the button head cam covers?

9907009724_0a57a1458d_h.jpg9906975826_71a421c9c7_h.jpg

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks v nice. Thanks for the pics. Good to see some nice cars coming through, to be honest I'm tired of seeing old scrapers coming up on the e bay thread.

I'd guess it probably is supercharged. I initially thought it was on carbs, as the dark red circle looks just like my rising rate boost referenced pressure regulator, but looking closer at the fuel rail makes me think its on injection and throttle bodies. Also looks like he has fitted an underbonnet fuel cell plenum (circular black cylinder with braided pipe going in) which allows you to keep the normal pump and plumbing in the tail to prime the cell, which then has a higher pressure pump between it and the regulator. I thought about maybe doing that on mine, but didn't like the idea of that much fuel that close to hot things and ignition.

It looks very well engineered. Would love to see this car sometime. In fact, I would love to see if it is the fastest yellow eclat around..... :horse:

Edited by Dunc

Would he have had to change the compression to supercharge it? I thought the HC engine was too high compression for supercharging?

Would he have had to change the compression to supercharge it? I thought the HC engine was too high compression for supercharging?

Yes if he is using high pressure otherwise no. But probably it's not a HC engine but A Turbo engine.