free hit
counters
What car after an Evora? - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What car after an Evora?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok time to put my neck on the block the only car to have after a Evora is the Exige S V6 I had a great 3 and a half years first Evora in Scotland a real blast never thought you could match the ride I

So after 1 month and nearly 100 posts nobody can come up with a car to step up from an Evora which ticks the same kind of boxes...How good does that make the Evora look. I hope Lotus are watching this

Very old comment, but on this particular comparo, they're 2 totally different cars. And by totally different, I mean the Evora is better I had high hopes for the F-type (especially after all the rave

Posted Images

We are now 3 pages down on this thread and there seems to be consensus that none of the alternatives are better than the Evora!!!  :huh:

My recommendation, stick with it!  :thumbsup:

Edited by TBD
  • Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Steal one of the GTE shells sitting outside Hethel and get Komo-Tec to upgrade the Toyota lump to 420 bhp. Everything you love about your Evora but ... MORE ...    :thumbsup:

To be fair looks remarkably good and would pass muster at first glance or by street lights - until you heard it! 

However stuff the car can I just have 2 Thai brides?  I was hoping that was the website link you were supplying Buddsy!  Might have to do something about the existing first Mrs. Al. as she might have something to say about it tho!  She was quite critical of them (in a completely non bitchy way of course!) when we had the LEGS dinner out in Aberdeen in June and there were 6 Thai brides with 6 social drop outs, all out together on what looked like their mass wedding day! - In a Brazilian resturant. Random!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

hahah 2 now thats just greedy, for the price of the Evora you could prob buy twins! And buy Mrs.Al a servant as well!

My mum worked at our local hospital at a fairly low level. My parents went out to works do and most of my mums colleges were of Philipeneo decent? Any way my old man comes back and told me my mum was the oldest woman there but my dad was the youngest man there! lol

I aint criticising if it work for people that's no business of mine!

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I need to get my ass down to the Lotus dealer in Gothenberg and test drive one....how can a car be SO good? I haven't heard ANYTHING bad about the Evora as a whole.... It should be selling like crazy no?

Edited by Vanya

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Yes, you do.. They are very difficult to replace. In fact I think I strongly believe that Lotus would have sold loads more had they actually marketed it properly, and got people in to test drive it.

I never even knew or thought about an Evora when I was looking to replace my last car

Quite a topic change into Thai brides!

I know 8 people who bought an Evora after I took them out in the Long Test Test cars I had. That's not to say there's more I don't know about of course. It's a real experience car, as in once you've experienced it you'll want one! 

As ever, Lotus are great at keeping secrets! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I drive now Evora since 4 years, and it is still "the car" for me. Everytime exciting and I enjoyed all of my driven 80.000 KM till now.

If I had to buy another car beause... i dont know any reason to do it... it could be a Morgan Aerosport. But I just replied the origin question. 

Club Lotus did a group visit to Hethel when the Evora came out and after my test drive I said to them where can I sign as I loved it .My heart would have part exchanged my Exige S there and then but was told to contact my dealer. Opportunity missed as when my head took control again I talked myself out of it. Nice blue TTRS on the drive now.

Have been flirting with an F-Type (V6 S and V8) but after test driving they just don't quite do it. Local Lotus garage has a very good deal on an unregistered S so am leaning towards that now..... but having test driven that will miss the Radium on mine for sure.

Yes do tell?

Did you try a few variants?

I've been thinking of those. We tried several AM V8Vs but although they look fantastic they don't drive anywhere near as good as the Evora.

Great - really great car and exactly what I was looking for 3 years ago when I sold my S2000. I had around 30 mins in both the V6 and he V6 S and a brief shot in the V8. Of the 3 the V6 S I came closest to buying, based on affordability and performance which on the road felt only fractionally below the V8 but it was the sound of the V8 that really excites.

I loved the equipment level and all the gadgets, the ease at which you could go fast and again from all models the sound which was awesome. Very well built, solid and comfortable, great driving position and the soft top was something that I really missed from the Honda. Being able to operate it at up to 30MPH another added bonus.

Handling in the limited time I had seemed excellent, odd at first having been out of front engine / RWD for a while but certainly very planted BUT did not give me anything like the confidence I feel in the Evora of course. I took the Evora S out for a ride a couple of days later and could really appreciate how good the steering felt especially on bumpier surfaces.

I came very close to getting theV6 S Jag but think I would have always hankered after the V8 which is really priced a little higher than I would like to tie up in a car. Getting back in the Evora I was quickly reminded of what stands out about the car - the Handling, and on recent trips to the alps, could I live without that?

What I missed with the Evora was the lack of soundtrack - the Radium CAI more that takes care of that and as it only gets loud under hard acceleration it is not obtrusive on a long journey. Looking to the Evora S will need to look to aftermarket exhaust to regain the sound I guess.

I thought that the F-Type was the car I wanted but having been spoilt these last 3 years the Evora has it all for me and for as long as I can get in and out of it I think will be sticking with it....

Haven't driven the V8V but the V8 as they all did felt very firm and rather skittish on rougher roads especially when compared to the Evora. The other thing I didn't mention was the continued rarity of the Evora - it still attracts a lot of attention, to the point where I was feeling a bit self conscious at times, however having seen so many F-Types on the road since launch I am enjoying the exclusiveness again.

When I bought my Evora I considered the Aston Vantage, Jag XK-R and Maserati Gran Tourismo, but I wouldn't regard any of them as being a step up from the Evora, merely alternatives. I think you would need to take a major step up to get a better car - Audi R8 springs to mind if you want to retain day-to-day usability.

It's easy to take what we have for granted. It amazes me the amount of attention the Evora gets - everyone seems to love it. If I'm washing it on a Sunday morning, strangers stop to admire it and ask questions about it. A Ferrari or Lamborghini on the drive would get less attention!

This is starting to remind me of my 2-day Skip Barber HPDE class at Lime Rock when they rotated us a few times on the full track through an Evora, Cayman, Carrera, M3, and ISF. Not surprisingly, the M3 and ISF were pretty similar (and rather boring). Since none of us had really had much, if any, experience driving a rear-engine car like a 911 at speed, we all almost killed ourselves in the Carrera (I almost went completely off Big Bend, but in any of the other cars would have been fine at the same speed--just underscoring my ineptitude and driving 911s) and everyone agreed the Carrera scared the hell out of them. The Cayman was a treat. Handled 90% as well as the Evora, with more power. And the Evora, of course, was like getting in to something I'd been driving for decades and was so intuitive that I finally understood Clarkson's comment about "handling by telepathy." 

So why do I mention all this? Because at the end of the day I asked every student which car handled the best and they all agreed it was the Evora. Then I asked then which one they'd buy and they all said the Carrera. Ya know, the one that everyone said had a horrible resonance and scared the hell out of them. Go figure. I instantly thought of this George Carlin bit, specificallly the part starting at 0:35...

Anyway, my answer is after an Evora...another Evora. Or whatever Lotus comes up with next to out-do it. 

• Like 1

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Blow me down these dealers fight hard for your business!! what to do? brand new 63 plate Evora S SR for £7K off list price, 13 reg S SR with 1800 miles (ex Demo) for £5K less again or unreg MY11 with MY12 exhaust for £52K? choices, choices - thoughts anyone?