free hit
counters
What car after an Evora? - Page 5 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Justin182

What car after an Evora?

The interesting point for me was a passenger ride in my friends vantage, for a 90 mile blat in the pouring rain, on empty highland roads. The speed he managed to carry in the bends had me pressing the imaginary brake pedal in the passenger seat. Very impressive and totally at odds with those that say they don't handle.

I must admit he is a very good driver (also has a caterham) , so I think the key is to keep things smooth and carry the momentum. Either that or just wind the window down and enjoy the sound of the V8 ;). He had the pre cat removed and it was like travelling with a NAS car when he booted it :)

Try driving an Evora then Vantage and I'll guarantee you prefer the Evora, it's so much nicer to push through bends.

That said the Vantage is still on my list to consider when the Evora goes.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

One alternative would be to wait a year or two to see what else Lotus may offer. The Evora's been around for about 5 years now in Europe. So, an update is likely.

Personally, I'm considering the new Corvette C7 when they start offering larger discounts and that because of the price, performance, and gadgetry, but most of all, where I live. Most of the roads here are long, wide, and straight. And, I don't really have time on weekends to go the hour+ into the mountains.

I'm beginning to think about hanging on myself, at least until the winter's through, the car was so capable in the cold and wet it seems crazy to move it on at the moment. 

I'm still not 100% convinced about staying with the marque but I have to admit apart from McLaren nothing else really holds the same appeal... although the Macca budget doesn't quite appeal!   :shock:

I know what you mean, that said my Evora was 13 months old when I got it with 10K on the clock. I paid £39k but to have bought it new would have been £63k so not that dissimilar to the F Type.

The F Type is on my list along with the V8V roadster, people who have driven both prefer the Jag but I do worry about depreciation.

Justin you will regret it . You are just not old enough for a Aston or a Jag both old mans cars. As i told the head of design at Jag after he wet himself after being in my Esprit at silverstone.

Andrew

Funnily enough my wife said I was too young for an Aston, and a friends wife said the same to him.

Justin you will regret it . You are just not old enough for a Aston or a Jag both old mans cars. As i told the head of design at Jag after he wet himself after being in my Esprit at silverstone.

Andrew

In a way I actually agree. So does the misses, she says I'm not sophisticated enough!   :whistle:

Other option I guess is to buy a second car for day today, and keep the Evora, which in turn would make it feel more special.  

I'd love to go and spend some money modifying the Evora even further, but worried it would be money down the drain after the new mods have worn off.  Still love the car though

When you leave the Evora for more than a week you realise how special it is.

The quality of certain parts of the Evora are the only thing that stops it from being one of the best sports car on the market.

I drove mine at Spa last month and it was sensational. I also drove an F458 and yes it was amazing but I still felt excited getting back into my 2010 N/A Evora... The F458 Spider is over £200k. The owner of the 458 had a go driving my Evora, said that if it was his weekend motor instead of the 458 he'd not be any less happier ;-)

The Evora has a few quality issues but is amazing and more exiting than an Aston or Carrera. The Aston and 911 are far superior in quality but having driven both I promise you they don't tantalise like the Lotus... Its unique.

In a world full of powerful Audi's, Merc's, Porkers and Beemers.. a hand built British sportscar is a breath of fresh air!

Edited by auRouge

In a world full of powerful Audi's, Merc's, Porkers and Beemers.. a hand built British sportscar is a breath of fresh air!

This is what makes Lotus's seeming lack of interest in promoting the Evora more in the UK so sad.  Given a few tweeks to the car and some investment in advertising and promotion, Lotus could be selling SO many more cars here  

Minor update.  

I went into Jaguar today, pre booked, to go and see/drive a white F Type demonstrator.  Turned up, no sign of any white F Type, and the salesman didn't know where it was either.  Not a good start.  

The sales manager then came over and apologised, and tried pushing a red one on me (£10k dearer).  No thanks.  Seems convenient that the cheaper white one wasn't there.  

The F Type itself is a good looking car, but even in the customer car park there were people swarming round the Evora.  

I didn't get to drive the red one, but one big nail in the F Type coffin for me is the boot space.  I took along a luggage case and it wouldn't fit.  Apparently a Jaguar 5 piece luggage set is available but being honest, its not the sort of thing I'd be buying.  

The salesman couldn't tell me the specific differences between the two V6 models.

Big mistake by Jaguar making the boot so small.  Lovely car, but no point having one if you can't get any weekend luggage in the back!

Stop procrastinating and go and buy the newest model Vantage your budget will allow. It doesn't matter in the slightest that it won't lap Hethel as quickly as an Evora as its other ownership qualities transcend mere lap times and ultimate 10/10ths feel. Having said that, they're far from a dim witted slow steer that some perceive. They can be very nimble and communicative when required.

This comment from a few weeks ago isn't representative of everyone's tastes. Certainly not mine.

Try driving an Evora then Vantage and I'll guarantee you prefer the Evora, it's so much nicer to push through bends.

I've driven many Evoras and not once has there been a desire to get my chequebook out and that's coming from someone who has owned and driven various types of Lotus for over twenty five years. The Evora is an incomplete package and although they might attract attention from the public, it's simply novelty factor. Good effort from Lotus, but let's hope the next car has a more desirable image.

Stop procrastinating and go and buy the newest model Vantage your budget will allow. It doesn't matter in the slightest that it won't lap Hethel as quickly as an Evora as its other ownership qualities transcend mere lap times and ultimate 10/10ths feel. Having said that, they're far from a dim witted slow steer that some perceive. They can be very nimble and communicative when required.

This comment from a few weeks ago isn't representative of everyone's tastes. Certainly not mine.

I've driven many Evoras and not once has there been a desire to get my chequebook out and that's coming from someone who has owned and driven various types of Lotus for over twenty five years. The Evora is an incomplete package and although they might attract attention from the public, it's simply novelty factor. Good effort from Lotus, but let's hope the next car has a more desirable image.

Not representative of everyone's tastes, but neither is yours, someone agrees with me after driving them back to back three posts before.

I'm not knocking the Aston, I'm very likely to purchase one in the next twelve months.

The F Type itself is a good looking car, but even in the customer car park there were people swarming round the Evora.

Big mistake by Jaguar making the boot so small. Lovely car, but no point having one if you can't get any weekend luggage in the back!

I had the same at the Jag dealer, same at the Porsche dealer too.

The F Type boot is surprisingly around 30% latger than the Vantage Roadster but in Vantage Coupe it's 50% larger.

An N420 or V12 would be a serious upgrade, a 4.3 or 4.7 hmmm I'm not sure, there a bit long in the tooth now.

Justin from what you've hinted at you'd love the N420 roadster! It's stunning.

The fact that we're even comparing them is a huge complement to the Evora.

Cost of a Vantage all those years ago against the cost of a new Evora today?

post-15194-0-03608100-1384382003.jpg

post-15194-0-38350000-1384382016.jpg

You can't compare an Aston to a Lotus, two very different ideas.

If your looking for a change and are wanting to take advantage of second hand residuals then the Aston will be great.

Beware the running costs.. A family car cost £600 to fix a flipping electric window and servicing costs are eye watering too :-o!

Worth it for that American Muscle car soundtrack though ;-)

I've narrowed it down to the Vantage Roadster or F Type. My next car will be one I will keep a long time and I feel the Aston will be the better buy for that. The Vantage is a beautiful design and will look good and be considered a classic in years to come - the Jag will just be an old Jag.

Yeah, they are heading south quicker than our migrating birds right now!

The last 2 I have seen have had older ladies with Blonde hair driving them at 30 mph. Is the F type the new Audi TT?

I hope not cause I think it's a lovely car.

I've narrowed it down to the Vantage Roadster or F Type. My next car will be one I will keep a long time and I feel the Aston will be the better buy for that. The Vantage is a beautiful design and will look good and be considered a classic in years to come - the Jag will just be an old Jag.

I think I've now narrowed mine down to a Vantage, or keeping the Evora and buying a second car.

The F Type just didn't excite me like the Aston's do, it's a great looking car though. Make sure you can live with the extremely small boot, it's almost Elise/Exige like. Just a bit flatter. Ashame.