free hit
counters
What car after an Evora? - Page 6 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What car after an Evora?

Same here, I'll keep the Evora through the winter unless a promising looking Vantage turns up, i.e.at  one of the closer dealers, right year, low miles and.... not monochrome!  

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok time to put my neck on the block the only car to have after a Evora is the Exige S V6 I had a great 3 and a half years first Evora in Scotland a real blast never thought you could match the ride I

So after 1 month and nearly 100 posts nobody can come up with a car to step up from an Evora which ticks the same kind of boxes...How good does that make the Evora look. I hope Lotus are watching this

Very old comment, but on this particular comparo, they're 2 totally different cars. And by totally different, I mean the Evora is better I had high hopes for the F-type (especially after all the rave

Posted Images

I think I've now narrowed mine down to a Vantage, or keeping the Evora and buying a second car.

The F Type just didn't excite me like the Aston's do, it's a great looking car though. Make sure you can live with the extremely small boot, it's almost Elise/Exige like. Just a bit flatter. Ashame.

Vantage Roadster boot is even smaller than the Jags!

The Jag will depreciate very heavily I predict.

As I wrote long ago, I would in change the Evora to a Morgan Aero 8. Lately I drove one... and it is "nice to see, but not to drive". The car has a no agility at all and is hard as hell, noisy inside and no space inside So... a no go. I have the Evora and I keep it. <it is unreachable in those items which are important to me. 

cj9zgwfy57ge2wpey.jpg

Here ya go Justin! For the man who wants to change his Evora for something like his Evora!!

If you were very brave or VERY silly :-)) it's chuffing good looking though.. I wonder what it's like to drive?

Anyone had a go in a Farbio? I think it looks amazing!

post-15194-0-08168700-1384530001.jpg

post-15194-0-68587300-1384530249.jpg

post-15194-0-87224900-1384530263.jpg

Let's be honest, the only car after  an Evora is an Evora, possibly facelifted. 

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Got to admire your loyalty Andrew..

My mate has a black V6 and absolutely raves about it, just his enthusiasm for it would be enough to make me want one.. How do you cope if you and the misses are going away for a week? Squashing bags into the boot?

Justin, stop talking about it.  You know you want another Evora! 

Go and speak to Craig (or Brandon if back yet) and get yourself a proper  l o n g  test drive in a S.  Then order the S Sports Racer!  I don't think the Exige will suit your luggage arrangements like the Evora as I am like you for the going away and having to be carrying stuff.

I have been surprised at just how much better the latest cars have been over the earlier and mine isn't even that new although does have 2013 engine etc.  It just feels more grown up and complete in so many ways.  Shame I'm not around to take you out.  I am up in Aberdeen the week of the 9th Dec. however if that helps.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Reading Clarkson's drive of the McLaren P1 this week he makes an interesting observation about the ride, character etc -

" It feels a bit like a beautifully made Lotus, light and agile and clear."

A pretty good recommendation for an £866,000 car!!!!

Previous comments from Evo on the MP4-12C talked about its ride quality and balance 'as good as a Lotus Evora" on difficult country roads.

And of course the Exige V6 tied with the Pagani Zonda in last years eCOTY.

I find these comparisons very interesting, confirming that for the things that really matter on the road to most of us, Lotus has been, is and will probably remain the benchmark for most manufacturers. In the cases above cars costing many, many more times what Lotus charge us for the experience. And of course many more expensive cars don't even come close.

If Lotus can get the peripheral stuff sorted - and it appears from comments above they are - then I think there are great times ahead for.

Got to admire your loyalty Andrew..

My mate has a black V6 and absolutely raves about it, just his enthusiasm for it would be enough to make me want one.. How do you cope if you and the misses are going away for a week? Squashing bags into the boot?

I spent two weeks / 2500 miles touring in France with the Elise last August, didn't have a problem with luggage capacity though I did limit my wife to 3 pairs of shoes. I don't recall the Exige V6 having a smaller boot than the Elise. Packed almost everything into a soft case then used the space left and the gap behind the seats for odds and ends. Biggest minus was unable to bring home any wine.

The Exige boot is a decent bit bigger than the Elise :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Al, I'll maybe take you up on that offer. I'm home on the 9th till the end of the year :) I have driven a few S's in various guises, and agree a long test drive would probably sway me. Plus, nothing wrong with discussion, these forums would be very quiet otherwise :D

Interesting points on the comparisons, but we all know lotus are just about, if not the best, at making road going cars handle well.

I have owned an Exige prior to the Evora and fear it'd be changed within a similar time, I just couldn't get on with it. Admittedly I was using it for road only, and quite a bit of motorway which didn't help..

So, your'e not considering Lotus' stable mate and looking at a Proton, then? Lovely cars, handling by Lotus, apparently. And they have far more boot space. Good for motorways as well and cost less than an Aston. Seems like you're not taking this whole analysis of available cars seriously to me.

Sudders and Dany

I think Sudders may be suggesting, tongue firmly in Dany's cheek, that you look at the venerable Proton Satria GTI perhaps?

Satriagti.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was. Thank you Bibs.

Man, that is a good looking Proton. Think I may consider that over an IPS SR myself. I had forgotten just how epiccly epic Protons are.

Awesome

• Like 1

Sudders and Dany

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking today I could be tempted by a pristine classic ( Esprit 3 n/a ? )  and a shit box to haul up the M25 once every couple of weeks.... 

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)