free hit
counters
Stop the anti-car hippies canning Top Gear! - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Stop the anti-car hippies canning Top Gear!

:( That they have resumed filming, and that Hamster is recovering! :(

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is it will get a mixed report like the Elise always did - Drives like god but I don't 'get it'. My suspicion is it's not 'comfy' / upmarket ENOUGH for its intended market?

Whereas the Elise was always - Drives like god but I can't get in or out and my arse hurts! lol

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

My guess is it will get a mixed report like the Elise always did - Drives like god but I don't 'get it'. My suspicion is it's not 'comfy' / upmarket ENOUGH for its intended market?

Whereas the Elise was always - Drives like god but I can't get in or out and my arse hurts! lol

Can someone expalin to me; if the Europa is based on an extended Elise chassis, why couldn't Lotus have put the Exige engine in the car, rather than the GM unit from the VX220? Is the Europa basically a VX220 in disguise?

IMO the Europa with the Exige's Toyota engine would have kept the critics quite.

Maybe they were getting a good / better deal from Vauxhall?

Plus, iirc when I was talking to the chap from Marketing at the Car Show he was saying about how they wanted an engine that would afford a 'lazy style' of driving - not having to keep the revs up on the hot cams or in the right gear all the time and be able to leave it in a gear that's too high occasionally for a more relaxed, yet still rapid drive.

What nearly everyone keeps forgetting about this car is it's not for US! It's not for mad hooners at all - ffs there's the various Elises and the Exige for that!

It's meant for people who don't want the raucos nature of the other cars and would go and buy a Boxster or Z4 instead. That's why my fear is that they haven't made the interior plush enough for the intended market.

As for the chassis - It may be based on the Elise DESIGN but don't forget it's NOT an Elise chassis at all and is in fact the *first* VVA car to be sold! It's very much an all new chassis!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

i have always enjoyed top gear but must say thet the last few series have been boring! who wants to watch a cyclist race a car and the hamster and james may trying to beat clarkson to iceland? these take up a majority of the programe and i find it boring! get back to what top geqar is all about and review and tell us about cars thats what made it so popular