free hit
counters
Just found a False Widow Spider in my house! - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Just found a False Widow Spider in my house!

Kimbers

Are you meant to have the house fumigated when you find a False Widow Spider?

is this why my dogs been so ill? Could she have been bitten?

Anyone know anything about them? read up on them but it doesn't say what to do when you find them in your house?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Squash them mate.

You know, I knew the first person on here to post about seeing one would be you :D always a drama in the Kimbers house..... LOL

It's a bit of a worry, not a fan of spiders. Not liking the idea of waking up to one feasting on my sweet blood!

Chunky Lover

Rule 5 Kimbers, Rule 5...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Run away screaming like a girl?

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Google it...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I got bitten on the foot back in June by a spider whilst camping. Felt like a wasp sting at the time but left 2 puncture marks next to my big toe. Other than wacking the little f##ker with the nearest shoe, didn't really give it much thought until I got up the next morning with a swollen foot. Within 24 hours I couldn't put any weight on it at all and went to the Docs.

2 days off, Antibiotics and a walking stick for the next 48 hours then right as rain. Absolutely no idea what sort it was but I was always under the impression we didn't have any poisonous spiders in the UK until then.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Kimbers, let's do the math.

There are apparently 16 species of spider in the UK. So false widow spiders account for 6.25% of the spiders in the UK.

The average male life expectancy in the UK is 79. You are 46, therefore 58.22% of the way through your life.

There is anecdotal evidence that the average human will swallow, whilst asleep, between 0 and 8 spiders per year.

Putting all of these numbers into the spider vs human interaction calculator and we find that:

You have already possibly swallowed between 0 and 23 of these little critters with the potential to swallow another 0 and 16.5 (maybe you bit that one) false widow spiders by the time of your demise.

I'm with Bibs. Rule #5 ya great big girlie.

ps. I am absolutely phobic about spiders, but always seem to be the designated spider removal person when there is one in the house. They are little & hairy, look like an Alfa Romeo 4C and have huge bitey, bitey fangs and they'll have you laddie!

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

I'm sitting on the train to work falling asleep and just felt something crawling down the side of my face. Yes, a spider landed on my face from the luggage rack above. I brushed it on to the floor and yes it was a large false widow. I didn't kill it though, thought it would be nice to let it crawl up someone's leg. The chances are high as I'm on the FGW Henley to London, the most over crowded train in Britain.

It's the camel spiders you have to worry about....post-568-0-39890200-1381312563.jpgpost-568-0-35493300-1381312576.jpgNine days after the bite..

Edited by molemot

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I have fought a grizzly bear

Tracked a cobra to its lair

Killed a crocodile that dared to cross my path

But the thing I really dread

When  I`ve just got out of bed

Is to find that there`s a spider in my bath

Flanders and Swann (have you got a vid, Roger ? ) :welcome:

We get a lot of black widows in our back yard, they seem to like dark damp places like piles of firewood, never seen one in the house though.

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Pffft. Screaming like a girl at a venomous spider is perfectly allowed, as we just don't have many in the UK!

Wendy freaked but I got it in a glass....I mean bucket....it was so HUUUUGEEE I had to fight it for half an hour and put it in a bucket! And there was much rejoicing!

The queen is having a party in my honour and next year I will be on the "Peoples Choice Awards" for my bravery!

As I said to Alex on Facebook. During the 30 minute battle it spat a hobbit out at me!

There. Rule 5 satisfied?

What will you do with it when you collect it? Train it to do tricks?

If you really want to know what to do, look it up on the web...

Evora NA

I'm sitting on the train to work falling asleep and just felt something crawling down the side of my face. Yes, a spider landed on my face from the luggage rack above. I brushed it on to the floor and yes it was a large false widow. I didn't kill it though, thought it would be nice to let it crawl up someone's leg. The chances are high as I'm on the FGW Henley to London, the most over crowded train in Britain.

So thats how they are getting about....clever.

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

I was think about putting it through Kimbers letter box again!  :whistle:

Buddsy  :lol:

Son of a bitch!

• Like 1

Evora NA

FYI, that is a fasciotomy wound.

ie there was so much pressure in the thigh, for whatever reason, the only way to save muscle and nerve tissue, which is quite susceptible to pressure and consequent reduction of blood supply, is to let it all out.

Got to say though, whoever did that, they are a butcher!

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein