free hit
counters
Just been made redundant - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Just been made redundant

Mark Blanchard

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Blimey, I thought you were running the place. If you need any help getting your CV up to scratch, get in touch.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Mark

Truly sorry to hear.

Sometimes however things like this happen for a reason and you may find something better just round the corner. Happened to me once and in hindsight it was the best thing that could have happened to me although at the time it certainly didn't feel like it.

Best wishes

Bazza

• Like 1

After 15 years at my job they've given me the boot today.  I'm gutted.

Hope I don't have to sell my Lotus :(.

Sadly Mark I know exactly how you feel.  Same thing happened to me 6 months ago.  First night was hell.  Took me a week to realise what was going on.  I gave myself 4 months living off limited funds to find a job before I had to start thinking about selling off the Lotus.  6 months later we're still hanging in there.  There was a lot of restructuring to do with a family of four + a cat, large house, large mortgage and four cars to look after.

Take a few days to settle and clear your mind before you make any major decisions.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Gutted for you Mark, I thought you had worked your way to the top and business was better than a couple of years ago? You may remember me ringing you when I was sat in the garden unemployed, so know how you feel. I honestly think with the skills you have and the vibrant part of the country you live in you will be sorted sooner than you think

Best of luck

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I remember the feeling well mate. Not a good time and a worrying period Mark. Looking back (for me) 12 years ago now - probably the best thing that ever happened to me, but certainly didn't feel like it at the time. Chin up bud, rooting for ya.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

My condolences Mark, I too was in that situation and was fortunate enough to have my house paid off at the time, a good severance package, and was close enough to retirement (which I eventually did after searching a while and not getting anything ...age discrimination I'm sure). In the end it worked out the best for me and if you're not of the "older persuasion" I'm sure opportunities will eventually come (maybe in a different direction these days). Take a breather to clear your head and then network. I don't know if you are offered outplacement services (I took advantage the few times there were offered in the past as I've been there a few times over the years and except this last time they were very helpful in getting results.)  

-Bob

Not good news Mark.

Hope it all works out for you with whatever you decide to do from here.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

What do you do Mark? It might be worth mentioning it here, you never know who might know someone.

best of luck

Jonny

Wood! Beautiful wood!

bentley-Interior2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWRgrlWkUkM

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Mark, that's terrible buddy.

Lets be positive (I know it's hard to be). My mate got a £12,000 pay off when he was made redundant and got a job in a Supermarket (he was an Account Manager for a window company) stacking shelves while he looked for another job. Because of his experience and qualifications he got offered a Management role and training in retail and is now a Manager at a large Supermarket....and he didn't spend a £ of his redundancy!

We will all do everything we can to help you bud! Tell us what you do and what you don't mind doing!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Welcome to the Dole Queue Irregulars....been there, numerous times. Used to be interesting in Richmond, you'd find you were standing next to some famous actor chappie... Good luck with finding a replacement job.....or have you thought about striking out on your own? Looking at your past achievements, this might well be the time to do it. 

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Sorry to hear this Mark, yes like many, I`ve been there....after the second time it didn`t hurt half as much.

I try to remember the old Chinese Proverb "A Crisis is also an Opportunity".

There`s also an old Irish proverb...ummmm...sorry,  damn it`s gone.

All the best !

Dan

Feel for you.  Been there twice, the first time newly married, young baby and 100% mortgage (those were the days). Each time have come out the other end better off in new positions  and this was when the shipping world was in doldrums. Each time I felt happier after the event and all sorted out although I know exactly how you feel right now.

Was yours a company/world where your face had to fit or know somebody?  We still suffer from that.  How can they dump you like that after the QE wall mural (Terminology?) I've told various friends going cruising on her to look out for it as a Lotus man did that!

Good luck in the hunt.  As sombody else has said post up exactly what you do as you never know who reads this.  I've only a general idea despite seeing posts.

Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• 2 weeks later...

That sucks, Mark.  I was made redundant in 2008 and spent a year as a contract engineer before getting a job which was followed up by a better offer from a company I had contacted when looking for work and am now in an even better job so, in the long term, it worked out well.  Let's hope the same happens to you.  With your skills, there must be a bunch of companies that you could help.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 1 month later...

So I've set up a furniture company, Mark Blanchard Furniture Ltd.  Here's the website I made:

www.markblanchardfurniture.com

I'll be designing and making specially made pieces of furniture.  It will be made to the same quality as Linley but at a better price.  I'm already quite busy and have a few pieces I'm design at the moment. 

One door closes, another one opens.

Edited by Mark B
  • Like 1

Congratulations Mark, you'll never look back :D

PS Do you need/have permission from Linley's to use images of work you did in their employ?

Evora NA