free hit
counters
Essex Spec White Turbo Esprit @ Paul Matty - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Essex Spec White Turbo Esprit @ Paul Matty

Lex Templar

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've been looking at that. As will all giugaro turbo esprits it needs compomotives to finish it off.

Anyone know anyone who might have some for sale?

I bought some Compomotives which came off an Essex car with the intention of putting them on mine. Very hard to convert 5 stud to 4 stud hubs, particularly at the rear so I ended up selling them. They do come up from time to time on eBay and of course there are the two different versions of the front wheel. Best option is to find some like Hopo's, 5-studs do exist.

Quite a bit cheaper than a very good Essex though.

It still needs these wheels for me:

James_Bond_Lotus_Esprit_Turbo_zps17c9078

The car's aged really well, better than the 80's hottie I'll wager!

Edited by The Pits

Yes that is Hopo's car with the 5-bolt versions I mentioned.

It's magnificent.

But tell him to paint his Goodyears in!

:busted cop:

I've got a spare set of Compomotives but as Lex says its not simple bolting them on..

I think being a rare dry sump model largely accounts for the price difference although it does look in good condition.

The roof stereo must make it even rarer I would imagine.

What are they worth on their own now?

YHM

It does look good but is that a representative price? Matty does seem to price his cars slightly ahead of what one might expect but given the work that's gone into it he probably thinks its justified.

He also mentions Esprit prices are rising rapidly. Is this true? I've heard it before and a couple of 'just looking' pieces in recent mags seem to confirm this. Is it finally having its day in the sun?

YHM,

The BBSs can look good machined with black centres. Have a look at mine here.

http://instagram.com/p/LRshLzyWKl/

Panasonic Roof mounted stereos go for $500-$1000 and occasionally pop up. There are two models that look very similar.

However I doubt anyone would install one in a car that wasn't born with it.

Edited by Lex Templar

It's the leather (?) headlining that looks wrong to me on that car. I'd have to change it back to original. 

Agree on the headlining. If it is leather it's faded very badly! No car should have a pink headlining!

YHM,

Panasonic Roof mounted stereos go for $500-$1000 and occasionally pop up. There are two models that look very similar.

Yes, that makes a huge difference.

Given your car is in near identical spec I don't imagine you consider it priced too high?!

Interested in your view on that all the same.

I don't think is priced terribly high as its possibly the only one available with that mileage and condition. I am led to believe it has now sold.

If anyone knows of a roof radio I would be interested for mine.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

I was talking to someone at Paul Matty recently on the phone making some enquiries about the red limited edition up for auction soon and was told the white s3 turbo they had a while back which was one owned by the Sultan of Bruni made over £30K. 

YHM,

Lex,

I agree your wheels do look great. You say they are machined, what exactly is the process?

I would be interested in getting mine done.

Cheers,

Malcolm

Hi Folks!

I saw this thread a little while ago and read it with great interest but have had little time to reply!

The Mattys car looks beautiful, very Classy and highly original. strong money... but if Trev agrees with it them im willing to go with it!

I would agree that values of these cars are looking pretty strong right now with good original cars being very desirable. even more so in Bond spec!

gtspirit-supercar-parade-wilton-2013-002

I would agree with earlier sentiments that a Dry Sump car really needs Compomotives to finish it off! I had no idea that my 5 stud ones were so rare! I saw BBS's similar to those on Lex's car on a red s3 Turbo at Bell & Colville not too long ago and I think it looks great. il bet theyre a damn site easier to clean!

With regard to tyres I would love to white the "GOODYEAR" script down the sides but im running Pirellis currently and cant justify a set of new boots for some lettering. are there even the correct sized tyres with lettering available? are most of the NCT's not old and knackered?

H

very nice buddsy

looks like GGTurbos have gone up in value £10k in the last month!  ;)

good for you, still one of the best looking cars on the planet

:thumbup: