free hit
counters
Essex Spec White Turbo Esprit @ Paul Matty - Page 15 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Essex Spec White Turbo Esprit @ Paul Matty

Lex Templar

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

They look a lot better to me with black centres on my car compared to the pics with the gold centres as above. With red and gold decals though, not so sure. I'd still go with black decals and black comps.

9 minutes ago, The Pits said:

They look a lot better to me with black centres on my car compared to the pics with the gold centres as above. With red and gold decals though, not so sure. I'd still go with black decals and black comps.

Yep you could be right, mine is one chassis number on from the French red/black car advertised so must have sat together on the line.

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Thanks Barrie, those wheels have had a lot of love in my ownership! All new stainless bolts, washers and refurbed 3 times (the comedy act in Milton Keynes had to do them twice!). I thought you'd appreciate them being reshod with the NCTs the car definitely looks more period correct!

Dave, you need to buy both cars clearly. One for you, one for LOTUSWOMAN33. The french one's nearly done!

• Like 1

I really hope someone on here buys it. Looks like a really nice car to me. If I didn't already have mine I'd be all over it like a rash! It would be great to get it together with yours when it's done.

• Gold FFM

Looks gorgeous Jonny, much better in my opinion with the black/silver centres. I think gold centres look good on black or red cars. My mind is still boggling your comment about the shape of the tyres, I should stick to round ones.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/12/2015 at 20:49, The Pits said:

Thanks folks. Nello I got the letters from here:

www.tredwear.com

I've since learned that I could have used the same size script on both front and rear tyres but these letters were made from a rubbing of my original NCTs which had smaller Goodyear lettering on the fronts.

opwforestdec15-11_zpsoynrpgg1.jpg

Did you sand off the Pirelli script? and do you have a contact a that place who has the details for your order? I tried looking on the site but there is no off the shelf option with them asking for dimensions..etch..

Sorry @jack.pe no I didn't bother sanding off the Pirelli script I just stuck the letters over the top. Have gone back to original Goodyears now. The ride is noticeably harder with them on but they look even better. Pirellis had fearsome grip though, really impressed by how the car handles on fresh tyres. Must have been unreal back in the early 80's! I still have the Pirellis and would swap them back for longer journeys.

11 minutes ago, The Pits said:

frostyTE4_zpswrnix4h3.jpg

frostyTE3_zpsjq4q2ssh.jpg

frostyTE_zpsxhgfy2hl.jpg

11 minutes ago, The Pits said:

I will never tire of seeing photos of this car. Post as many as you like :-). 

In the meantime it's twin (almost) is progressing nicely. A little way to go though.

0B4040BE-E8B6-4B60-B804-FBE7B554E842.JPG

• Like 2

• 5 months later...