free hit
counters
Essex Spec White Turbo Esprit @ Paul Matty - Page 17 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Essex Spec White Turbo Esprit @ Paul Matty

Lex Templar

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not as much as I do Stephen. A sculpture you can drive really. Iconic design for me. The proportions are magnificent as your exquisite red example shows beautifully.

That clean, crisp line that runs all the way from the nose to the tip of the kick tail is so pure and striking. The way it blends into the A-pillar is one of my favourite parts of the car to look at and clean! Delicious!

:thumbup:

• Like 2

On 08/05/2018 at 11:27, The Pits said:

There is still some anxiety about setting off on a longer trip in a 37 year old car that never had a great reputation for reliability when new, however the flip side of this is elation beyond any modern car when the journey is completed successfully!

:thumbup:

Harry Metcalfe's adventures with italian cars of a certain vintage went perfectly fine. I have a hard time imagining the Esprit will give you too much headache. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, Dan E said:

and we all know who owns 007 don't we the complete and utter git 🙂 

You’re welcome  

• Haha 2

• Gold FFM
40 minutes ago, robgmf2 said:

what are your thoughts on the asking price ?  

It's worth whatever you or someone else is prepared to pay. Not trying to be obtuse here but it is a rare, special car, in outstanding condition, with great provenance. It's difficult to compare cars like these and they will be bought more with "heart" than "head" I would hope.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

34 minutes ago, pete said:

not on its original wheels although the conversion was probably very expensive

Not wearing its original decals either....the front one needs removed, replaced and realigned. Nice car though😎

@Andywwirs the intrigue and the rarity of the dry sump and the fact there are probably only a dozen on the road. Comps, roof stereo and dry sump from factory is incredibly desireable and would attract a higher price than a wet sump i believe. I know this car had BBS from factory but the condition can’t be faulted.
There are many cars in history the from the outside that look the same but inside there is something special hidden that command a higher price. 308 GTB dry sump cars are one example. 246 Dinos with chairs and flares and so on.