free hit
counters
Dim dip mod - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mdw

Dim dip mod

Has anybody done the dim dip mod so that you only get side lights and the pods stay down. I know you can do it on excels but cant find any info on esprits and the excel wiring is slightly different to the esprit.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The top button on the left of the binnacle should do exactly that already.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Just checked with top switch only and oddly I get side lights on, pods up but no lights in pods!!!! Any ideas?

The pods should stay down, that's the sidelights button at the top and the middle button is for dip beam lights. That one isn't pushed in too is it?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Ah, sidelights = parkers.

I see the light. :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

This is just using the top switch

With ignition off I get pods down sides on.

With ignition on ( but not running) I get sides on and pods up but no lights in them.

Edited by mdw

Not sure about the wiring of the headlight switch (middle switch), but if there is one circuit for the lift and another through the same switch for power to the light itself, maybe your switch is faulty? i.e. lift contacts stuck in closed position

I could look at my circuit diagrams for my S4, but I don't know if it the same wiring setup as your car. Maybe someone else will have that info on the switch.

May not be the answer, but could be a possibility.

What do you get if you have the top switch turned off (no sidelights/parkers) and you turn the ignition on?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

What do you get if you have the top switch turned off (no sidelights/parkers) and you turn the ignition on?

all down all off.

Bugger. I was hoping that the pods would raise. I am now out of ideas. I can't remember how the wires attach to the back of the switches. i.e. one plug or individual spades. I am wondering whether you have a short between the power to the sidelights and the lift motors, but if I remember correctly, I don't think that can happen near the switches.

I'm not big on electricity. :(

Ah the infamous light switches...

The way that the Federal cars are wired sounds the same. I have the early wiring harness in mine. I have not had a switch last more than 3hrs of continuous use while driving. Whether it be the parking lights ( side lights ) or the headlamps. Part of the issue is the way that they are wired and that the power from the headlamp switch also goes through the parking light switch. As does the power signal to the relay for the headlamp lift motors. Hard to explain in writing however as you can see from the photographs the switches can get quite hot and then internally one of the post will shift. Sounds as if this has happened and it is signaling for the headlamp lift motors to activate.

post-4361-0-20602900-1382032280.jpg

The result of over heating causes the internal connector to shift in its location. In my case it causes all lights except dip beam to go out. So at night no dash, parking, or rear tail lights whatsoever.

post-4361-0-12826300-1382032431.jpg

So the internal appears this way:

post-4361-0-20316300-1382032574.jpg

Side note: my solution was to finally direct the aircon flow from left aircon vent on dash to flow over the switches to keep them cool. Figured that was more important than my hand freezing on the wheel

post-4361-0-29734300-1382032713.jpg