free hit
counters
Prices Soaring - Page 27 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I personally think prices will drop a lot more as we Brexit. It doesn't matter unless you have to sell. I have restored two car s now with labour and parts you are looking north of £50k, and that's if

After 16 years of ownership and 10 months on the market, I received the official word today that my '94 S4 has sold and is now with its new owner. Sold for: AUD$74,000 I bought the car in th

I have the same experience.....26 years of ownership and 52.000 km on the odo......with my '90 Esprit Turbo SE I have all the invoices since purchase in 1993; total cost of maintenance during all

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, The Pits said:

Beautiful! I can't remember seeing a yellow one before. Why are all the really good ones LHD?! (or in Norway just for you Vanya!)

:cry:

Haven't seen a really nice 'low wing' SE for sale here in ages (that isn't Calypso Red!)

What's wrong with Calypso Red? Although to yellow does look great as well, and would avoid the Ferrari-questions. B-)

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
7 minutes ago, Escape said:

What's wrong with Calypso Red? Although to yellow does look great as well, and would avoid the Ferrari-questions. B-)

Lots of yellow Ferraris in the UK...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
19 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Lots of yellow Ferraris in the UK...

I know the Scuderia's offical color is (was?) yellow, but you can't deny that a red Esprit is more likely to get asked if it was built in Maranello, especially by people that have never heard of Lotus...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Yes the Ferrari thing is a factor but there's quite a nice SE for sale right now but it's Calypso Red like the vast majority of Turbo SE's. Nothing against it on other Loti, but I prefer the other colours on a Turbo SE. Don't want to upset the Calypso crew, there are hundreds of you out there ;)

14 hours ago, The Pits said:

Some money in the bank doesn't seem like a good swap in exchange for never driving my Turbo again.

:no

I paid £15K for my S2. I bought it because I love it and always wanted one...... happy coincidence that I figured it would be better to have the money in a car than in the bank, and I'm glad I can tell my wife I was right.

I agree though..... even if the Porsche and other marque bubble bursts, I doubt there will come a time that my car is worth less than I paid for it.

• Like 1

I was amazed to see the BMW M1 sell at $600,000, which I always thought of when I thought of Esprits. Too many reasons to list why lotus didnt keep up with BMW.  Still, will be interesting to see what happens with the best conditioned, highest power, Esprits.  

18 hours ago, rudolphwolven said:

It seems like in the homeland of Ferrari, Chapman's ingenuity is more appreciated / recognised as in many other countries on the Continent (and UK?).  

From the total 35 x ...LHD...Esprit's offered at Autoscout24.de an astonishing 18 units are from Italian origin...........

Below one nice 1992 2,0 ltr. / 243 PS Esprit for ........ 33.500........ 

$_20.JPG

That may be because it comes with the model pictured.  

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 05:51, Moxie said:

I'm taking out that black S1 and the '83 Turbo Esprit they're listing for $64,500 - for test drives and overall assessments, probably on Friday, and will report back.  Something is certainly going on because I'm not in the market for either, but have been asked by five people from outside of New York State to check them out, and they're all serious potential buyers. So something seems to be changing in general interest and perceived value of Giugiaro Esprits at least. 

@Moxie - Did you look at these cars yet?

Green is mean, man :)

• Like 1

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

Ahhh that old chestnut !!!

to be fair he's never gonna tell you the truth

but - I've seen some esprits sell and reappear massively inflated within days. And most sell - I'm missing something here !!

Only here once

It did make me smile because I was saying what I thought he should market it at and as long as he paid me it's his business what he does with the car so Don't know why he felt the need to say one thing and do another.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, BP81 said:

Bargain I thought he was going to put it up at 50k, even though I was told it was heading to his private collection.

:unsure:

I've got a sneaking suspicion that you black '03 cost a fair bit more than that Brooke...

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

the yellow esprit had a great spec ap racing brakes blue engine sports seats low good condition good service history been a movie and a film and was a "directors car" so although both are v8s it's quite a different car so I guess it's what you like Alan.  

Your car for example if for example it's worth X in the current climate if someone offered you 50% more than it's worth you wouldn't say yes would you?

I think with cars like yours it's especially prevalent when you have had such a intense relationship.

• Like 1

I really don't think it is I don't know if it's me seeing it through rose tinted glasses but I think it's the best rhd v8 for sale at present.  The advert could definitely do the car more justice but for a 40-50k mile car with a normal spec that's going to require a bit of money spent is going to be circa 30k£ so I don't think as a retail price from a proper dealer that 45k is mad. Maybe I'm missing something but that's how I see it.

• Like 1