free hit
counters
Prices Soaring - Page 31 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

26 minutes ago, BP81 said:

my translate button in my browser didnt translate the whole advert

Do you mean this?

"Lotus Turbo ESPRIT Giugiaro 1986, origen nacional, en muy buen estado. Poças unidades producidas, exótico y exclusivo. Bate en aceleración y paso por curva a todos los deportivos de su Época. "

Take your pick

Bing Translator: "Lotus Turbo ESPRIT Giugiaro 1986, national origin, in very good condition. Poças units produced, exotic and exclusive. Whisk in acceleration and passing through curve to all sports of his time."

Google: "Lotus Turbo Esprit 1986 Giugiaro, national origin, in very good condition. Poças produced, exotic and exclusive units. Bate acceleration and cornering all the sports of his time."

I prefer the "Whisk in acceleration and passing through curve to all sports of his time"

Damn, this doesn't fit completely into my profile :)

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I personally think prices will drop a lot more as we Brexit. It doesn't matter unless you have to sell. I have restored two car s now with labour and parts you are looking north of £50k, and that's if

After 16 years of ownership and 10 months on the market, I received the official word today that my '94 S4 has sold and is now with its new owner. Sold for: AUD$74,000 I bought the car in th

I have the same experience.....26 years of ownership and 52.000 km on the odo......with my '90 Esprit Turbo SE I have all the invoices since purchase in 1993; total cost of maintenance during all

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, BP81 said:

my translate button in my browser didnt translate the whole advert

I was just trying to help. Not finger pointing. :-)

You can actually switch all these sort of car-sale sites to English or whatever is your mother tongue. It does not translate the description but almost everything else. Very useful when you live in a small country and you need to look around all over the place. :-)

Spanish is my mother tongue... Basically it says that very few were produced and that it beats all other sport cars from its time in acceleration and in the twisties. :-)

• Gold FFM

At that price I would also want it to be able to whisk me up a cake!  just saying.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

Only a quarter! Don't sell yourself short man!

Buddsy

Like it Buddsy :lol:.......you enjoy yours.......you can drive it at least :thumbup:

• Like 1

No Vauxhall will ever be worth that !

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

They could have taken some better pictures, the front is covered in stone chips! 

I would hate to think what will happen when the ECU fails? can you get replacements? or would it become an expensive ornament? 

Do you expect me to talk........ No Mr Bond I expect you to die!

It's the same car I posted a few months ago when we were doing the joke asking price thread. It has been for sale there for as long as anyone can remember, but the asking price has doubled in the past couple of months. I sold my much lower mileage (8000) and better condition Left hooker for £32000 last year. There wasn't much interest even at a third of this asking price. They look like they want to keep it forever!

3 hours ago, OwenGT3 said:

Most expensive secondhand Lotus?

Lotus Carlton

£99,995

Lotus Carlton 4dr

0288302555004.jpg

GBP 118.000,- ........Italy

Lotus Esprit 3.5i V8 turbo cat

32.000 km
10/1998 EZ

Edited by rudolphwolven
23 minutes ago, rudolphwolven said:

0288302555004.jpg

Why do people keep doing that to AWIs???!?!?!?!?

I'm getting a cheap Ryanair flight to Italy and smuggling a machete in my hand luggage...

• Like 2

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

Yeah baby - and in the right colour.

not sure about the wheels though

• Like 1

Only here once

This is not the first higher priced Lotus from Italy........I have seen quite a number before the last months....(Italy and Spain).

Seems to me that for the moment in Italy Lotus is more appreciated than in the UK.........:blush:

Edited by rudolphwolven

@ Berrykearly,

Obviously Lotus offers them that magic / special thing their own cars do not have (any more).......what?.......relative exclusivity of Lotus versus Ferrari? .......more affordable and better reliability?......I do not know their reason(s)..........

Edited by rudolphwolven
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

It's bad enough looking at the terrible 02 wing, let along the wheels!

'98 wing Mark. Barry has one of those as well. In the same colour. Yes, I know, awful...

4 minutes ago, rudolphwolven said:

Obviously Lotus offers them that magic / special thing their own cars do not have.......what?.......I do not know.....

It is called being BRITISH

B-)

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

Lalalalalala - not listening.....

land remember jealousy is not a nice thing.

god it could be bigger - I like the late 80s lambo rear wing - now that's a wing !!

Only here once

No.  I've got to be honest, generally wings are for Peter Stringfellow's cars and birds (the flying type).

The best Ferrari's generally don't having wings so why does a Lotus need one?  Imagine this beautiful BB with a wing:

FERRARI365GT4BB-512BB-512BBi-1071_4.jpg