free hit
counters
Prices Soaring - Page 40 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
rizla603104

Prices Soaring

@Buddsy - Looks like a US car, so an HCPI rather than an HC? Wouldn't the HC have the BCA badge?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You may well be right. I see it has the reflectors on the front sides.I just thought as it was on a Euro site.

BCA? I think the nose badge is wrong.

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

4 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

'98 V8 on eBay for £32,500. Quite high mileage. Seems to be about right:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252549524539

defvwefvwefvweff.jpg

Just like yours @Barrykearley, but with AWIs  B-)

Nice car - wrong wheels but at least it is the right spoiler 

Only here once

17 hours ago, rudolphwolven said:

1980 Lotus S2 St. Tropez 3,5l V8... No.3 of 6.....

from "Paul Baron Bailey, Bristol UK".........

...45.000 €

3.500 cm³ V8 Rover engine ........ 180 kW (245 PS) ...........7.800 km

Former personal car of  Mr. Mark Irwin (PBB)

$_20.jpg

$_20.jpg

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=232909435&zipcode=&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&usage=USED&isSearchRequest=true&usageType=PRE_REGISTRATION&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&scopeId=C&makeModelVariant1.makeId=15900&makeModelVariant1.modelId=7&pageNumber=1&action=topInCategory

Simply horrible B-)

• Like 2

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

4 hours ago, Buddsy said:

You may well be right. I see it has the reflectors on the front sides.I just thought as it was on a Euro site.

BCA? I think the nose badge is wrong.

Also it has the fan in the engine cover.

BCA - British Car Auctions - David Wickens

GM_Lotus_Badge.jpg

That red HC is a huge price for a car in that condition with those miles.pretty much a full restroation, there is quite a lot to do on it to get it back to top spec. will be interested to see if it does sell at that. 

Do you expect me to talk........ No Mr Bond I expect you to die!

6 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Nice car - wrong wheels but at least it is the right spoiler 

Wrong wheels for the year, but absolutely the right ones for ANY V8 B-)

Right spoiler for the year, but absolutely the wrong one for ANY ESPRIT B-)

• Like 2

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Your getting confused again @swindon_alan - must be your age playing tricks on you again :P

• Like 1

Only here once

No, it is just my eyes going I think. When I see a silver car it looks just like a Mondeo/Insignia/BMW/Audi/Merc etc. etc. etc.

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Saw this and thought it looked pretty cheap..then I looked closer and saw the condition of the interior and the body work...then I read

"The car needs minor restoration work to the interior and bodywork, I was going to get this done but have been advised not to as it will destroy its originality:lol:

Well Im telling ya originally it wasnt sold in the shit shape it is now! :X

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/esprit/lotus-lotus-esprit-turbo----------------1985/6077256

Buddsy

• Like 1

Yes have seen this one a while ago Scott it was on gumtree and he was asking for offers, I think he has realized the price of these cars now and is trying his hand to get 20k for it. :ermm:  Not that its not a good car but given the interiors in poor shape and the paint needs sorting in areas he should be taking this into consideration in the price. Given the nice condtion that some owners have picked up of traders for just over 20k on the forums recently he should be asking a bit less than 20k.  Another 5k and you could have that rhd tidy red turbo on compomotives from abroad. :) 

• Like 1

A

I have contacted that owner and he was considering an offer far less than the asking price, it won't be cheap to make perfect but could look like this which would transform the look...image.jpeg

I was considering it myself but going to hold out for what I really want now. 

I think you could grab this car for £15k if you try maybe less?

Dave ?

Do or do not, there is no try! 

£20k. That's pretty strong, even for all that patina B-)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Good man Dave. If you can get it a bit cheaper Im sure you could make a good car of it. 

Buddsy

• Like 1

On 22/09/2016 at 17:39, LOTUSMAN33 said:

I have contacted that owner and he was considering an offer far less than the asking price, it won't be cheap to make perfect but could look like this which would transform the look...image.jpeg

I was considering it myself but going to hold out for what I really want now. 

I think you could grab this car for £15k if you try maybe less?

Dave ?

BBS with Goodyear writing looks nice! ;-)

So my 1985 Turbo...bumpers are the same as a pre 1985 car ain't they? I am into originallity but when I get my car respayed if I got the bumpers done black would there be any way to tell from the outside it was not 100% correct?

Just think out loud and loving that turbo!

Buddsy

• Like 2

I think that may be a mistake.!   Take off €100,000 then divide by 3 and maybe, if it's mint, it might just be about right ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

BBS with Goodyear writing looks nice! ;-)

So my 1985 Turbo...bumpers are the same as a pre 1985 car ain't they? I am into originallity but when I get my car respayed if I got the bumpers done black would there be any way to tell from the outside it was not 100% correct?

Just think out loud and loving that turbo!

Buddsy

As you have a private number plate Buddsy, there is very little left to tell the year and even then how many people know the change over in 1985? The small triangle by the mirrors and maybe one or two other small bits but not much. 

I like originality too but as I bought my pearlescent white  '85 turbo with black bumpers they are staying that way as I personally prefer them to body coloured. I'm having the same problem with the graphics though! Mine are the smaller original '85 and no nose graphic but I really like the earlier, larger style. Original or replace to preference but non original? Thinking about it, I dont think I've ever seen a pre '85 turbo in Pearl white so maybe that will give my car away as being non original with early graphics? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Pits said:

This asking price would serve as a textbook example of the conceptual difference between "median" and "mean" and how to influence both.

It would also serve as a textbook example of the conceptual difference between realistic and delusional.

• Like 1

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Another vote for black accents, especially on a car with a classic design! I'm very happy with the black wheels and mirrors on my SE. :)

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

All well and good, Filip. But how might the black wheels affect the "Anti-Ackerman geometry?" :lol:

(just kidding)

• Like 1

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

On 9/7/2016 at 21:51, The Pits said:

Time to update our generally agreed upon rough estimates from a year ago, black was 2014, red 2015, green 2016:

S1 - in good order - £25 to £40k £35k-£55k £40-£60k

S2 and S3 - £10 to £16k £18k-£20k £20-£28k

Giugiaro Turbo - £15k-£18k £20-30k £25-£35k+

Essex Turbo £35k+ £50+ £60k+ (or more likely whatever the owner wants for it!)

X180 > £10k £10k-£15k £15k-£20k

SE > £12k £12k-£22k (apparently!) £17-£25k+ ('high wing' made £48k in auction!)

S4 > £16k £16k-£18k £18k-£25k+

S4S >£19k £20k-£25k £25k-£35k+ (9000 mile asking £44k)

V8 >£19k £22k-£30k £28k-£45k

Feel free to debate these numbers, that's the whole idea but it's clear that you're better off putting money into an Esprit than leaving it in the bank. Of course the numbers might be lower next year but a lot of people, including me, thought that last year!

This is great thanks Jonny. Are we putting JPS cars into the S2 bracket and is it proper to put S3's and S2's together? Generally speaking from what I've seen the S3's aren't quite making S2 money, but then how many S2's have been for sale recently... f'all. I would have said £10-£18K for S3's and thinking back I've seen average S3 cars go for sub £10k in the last year. I'm trying not to be biased ;)